2015 European Voluntary Service in Organisation for Intercultural Exchange, Germany
Deadline: October 1, 2014
Applications are now invited for the 2015 European Voluntary Service in Organisation for Intercultural Exchange, Germany. There is 1 free EVS place in 2012-DE-56.
Start january-february 2015 (flexible) 9-12 month
Location: Dortmund, Germany
Coordinating organisation: Auslandsgesellschaft NRW eV
Host: 2012-DE-56, Auslandsgesellschaft NRW e.V.: http://www.agnrw.de
The Auslandsinstitut (Foreign Institute) works under the aegis of the Auslandsgesellschaft. The Institute communicates a wealth of information about “foreign” cultures as well as developing and maintaining contacts in numerous other countries.
The individual volunteer would support the leader of the country circle in the planning and organising of intercultural events. Events which would convey information and demonstrate just how valuable the diversity of cultures is. By interacting with the country circle leaders, citizens, migrants and guests, they would convey a new form of voluntary commitment within the sphere of cultural exchange and help bring the young people of Europe closer together. One result would be cultural input for both the Foreign Institute and the local community.
- Within the framework of their country circle involvement, the volunteers will be able to gather practical knowledge and intercultural experience with German society and other ways of life.
- Volunteers will learn how to prepare and present slideshows, discussion forums, talks, readings, country theme weeks, dances and musical soirées.
- public relation for honorary country circles,
- Work with bilateral honorary country circles.
- They organise discussions , exhibitions, meetings, seminars with people form the both countries.
- Many possibilties to realise own ideas and projects.
- Volunteers will assist the country circle leaders with the preparation of evening programmes, exhibitions, concerts, museum evenings, country and/or cultural weeks (based on China or the Baltic or Czechia, for instance), and, not least, the International Christmas Festival.
- Organising an own project on the theme of “We In Europe” Examples here might be: carrying out a simple practical project; giving a talk about the situation in their native country; the organisation of reading evenings; writing articles for the AG NRW magazine; planning and implementing EVS info events; meetings with German and ethic minority school students et cetera, the aim being for the volunteers to develop and express their own ideas on the theme of “learning from one another”.
- Applicants should be above the age of 20.
- Interest in media work/journalism and intercultural exchange is a plus
- Very useful are german language skills But not precondition.
- Maybe experience in projects, exchange or else, because of the different working Open, friendly, teamworker.
- Available for 9-12 months
- To apply you need to login or register yourself.
- Please send application to [email protected] Dirk Schubert
- Candidates are expected to show an interest in cultural exchange and events.
- Knowledge of the standard MS-Office programmes is necessary.
- Interested persons are asked to submit their CV along with a letter explaining their motivation, from which a pre-selection of candidates will be made.
Note: The Institute pursues public-benefit non-profit-making aims – and that applies to voluntary work as well. It pursues aims which are for the good of the community but these aims and activities do not replace a part-time or full-time job.
For more information, click here.