2014 UNESCO Internship programme
Deadline: Not specified
UNESCO invites qualified students to apply for the 2014 UNESCO Internship programme. The purpose of the programme is to offer selected graduate and postgraduate students in a field related to the work of UNESCO the opportunity to supplement their academic knowledge with practical work assignments and to enable them to gain a better understanding of UNESCO’s mandate and programmes. The duration of an internship generally ranges between 2 and 6 months.
The programme also allows students of bilingual secretarial schools/technical institutions to gain practical experience in an international Organization.
- Students must be enrolled in a graduate or post-graduate degree program in a university or equivalent institution at the time of application.
- Applicants pursuing their studies in a country where higher education is not divided into undergraduate and graduate stages must have completed at least 3 years of full-time studies in a university or equivalent institution towards the completion of a degree.
- Applicants must be undertaking studies in areas related to UNESCO’s fields of competence (namely, education, culture, sciences, communication and social sciences) or in other areas which support UNESCO’s work (such as law, human resource management, management studies, international relations, etc.)
- Languages: An excellent knowledge, both written and spoken, of at least one of UNESCO’s working languages (English or French). A working knowledge of the other language is an asset, and may be required of candidates for internships in secretarial/assistant assignments at Headquarters.
- Computer skills: Ability to use computer systems, email and office-related software (MS Office).
- Attitude: An awareness of the many facets of a multicultural world and a commitment to international public service are essential.
- Applicants can apply online here.
For more information, click here.