UNV Youth Volunteering Award 2014 – Arab Countries
Deadline: Ranges from June 27, 2014 to July 6, 2014
The United Nations Volunteers is calling for youth volunteer stories in the Arab region for the 2014 Youth Volunteering Award. They are looking for inspiring and life-changing stories of young volunteers from Egypt, Jordan, Morocco, Tunisia and Yemen, to recognize the importance of volunteering for development.
The Youth Volunteering Award aims to recognize the efforts and achievements of young volunteers, contribute to informing the public about the importance of volunteer work and ensure the contribution of volunteers aiming to achieve peace and development.
This award is part of the “Arab Youth Volunteering for a Better Future” which runs under the initiative led by the United Nations Volunteers (UNV) programme in line with regional strategies of the United Nations (UN) and United Nations Development Programme (UNDP).
You may apply if you;
- Are 18 to 29 years old;
- Are from Egypt, Jordan, Morocco, Tunisia or Yemen;
- Have a demonstrated track record in volunteering for development, with a story to tell that will make an impact.
In order to participate, please see the links below for more information on the Rules & Regulations, Deadline, and Guidelines & Application for each country.
These are the basic application procedure information for the participating countries:
- Egypt: Deadline for applications is 30 June 2014. Find details here (English) or here (Arabic).
- Jordan: Deadline for applications is 30 June 2014. Find details here (Arabic).
- Morocco: Deadline for applications is 27 June 2014. Find details here (French).
- Tunisia: Deadline for applications is 4 July 2014. Find details here (French).
- Yemen: Deadline for applications is 6 July 2014. Find details here (English) or here (Arabic).
For more information, click here.