Deadline: July 15, 2014
The 5th edition of the Young Audiences Music Awards (YAMA) is now open for nomination and application from interested individuals. The award honors creativity and innovation in the field of musical productions for young audiences, from all around the world, created by professional ensembles of all forms, from solo artist to orchestra.
The YAMAs aim to identify and support cutting-edge productions that inspire and engage young people, since music has a profound impact on young people and promotes intercultural dialogue and understanding.
The Young Audiences Music Awards is brought to you by Jeunesses Musicales International (JMI) the world’s most renowned youth-music organisation.
Cash prizes will be presented to productions in the following categories;
- YAMA Production of the Year – 2000€;
- YAMA People’s Choice Award and for the first time – 1000€;
- special Youth Opera Award will be offered by RESEO, the European Network for Opera and Dance Education.
- Participation is open to all music-based productions, whether soloist, group, ensemble or orchestra.
An international jury comprised of young audience professionals from Jeunesses Musicales International will judge all submitted applications and will announce the finalists by 7 October 2014.
- Quality of Music,
- Quality of Performance,
- Audience Communication
- International Appeal/Potential.
- Applicants can choose to download the application form in the docx form or pdf form
- All applications must be submitted before the deadline
For more information, visit the 5th Edition of the Young Audiences Music Awards.