Deadline: August 15, 2014
University of Canterbury in New Zealand is offering scholarship support to top achieving international students commencing an undergraduate degree programme at the University. Candidates must have applied for admission to the University of Canterbury by 15 August in the year prior to their intended first year of enrolment at the University of Canterbury.
Annually, the University of Canterbury offers over $12.5 million in scholarships and prizes to help fund our students study.
- The scholarship is currently awarded with the values of $10,000, $15,000, $20, 000 and up to twenty-five scholarships may be awarded.
- Eligible candidates must be full-fee-paying international students and may not be citizens of New Zealand or Australia, or holders of New Zealand residence class visas.
- They must be completing, or have completed on or after 1 January of the year before the year of application, a University Entrance-level qualification that permits entry into a University of Canterbury undergraduate degree programme.
- Students who are undertaking, or have completed, a Foundation Studies programme at the UC International College are eligible to apply.
- The scholarship may not be held by students who:
- have already undertaken study in an undergraduate degree programme at a New Zealand university;
- have applied for Transfer of Credit to an undergraduate degree programme at the University
Application forms are available from this webpage approximately 8 weeks before applications close. However, if the scholarship is managed by Universities NZ or another department of the University an External Website link will appear and application instructions will be available through that link.
For more information, visit University of Canterbury Scholarship for International Student.