Deadline: August 1, 2014
Entries are now invited for the 2014 Month of Design Ljubljana Exhibition taking place in Ljubljana, Slovenia. Month of Design is an annual festival of know-how and creativity in design. It offers platform for discourse focused on exploring the role of design in creative industries, business, culture and social practices.
The highlight of this year’s festival taking place from 6th October – 6th November 2014 will be the international product and fashion design exhibition “Brands & Signs” showcasing designs of carefully selected creatives from South-East Europe.
The international exhibition Brands & Signs will showcase a selection of original, innovative, well-made products in both product and fashion design.
- Product Design
- Fashion Design
Month of Design will offer a diverse range of conferences, discussions and workshops.
- Product presentation at the exhibition and standard product identification;
- Opportunity for product’s sale at the Month of Design pop-up store;
- Opportunity for product’s sale at the Zavod Big online store;
- Publication at the Month of Design website and official Catalogue
- Opportunity for project’s presentation at the Stage 180° (curated selection);
- Opportunity to take part on business event Contact tables;
- Opportunity to take part in the Month of Design’s Best of Brands & Signs competition: in each category – Product and Fashion Design – the Month of Design jury will award the best designed entries from SE Europe. Products will be entered into the Month of Design’s Brands & Signs permanent collection;
- Tickets to all Month of Design 2014 events (valid for 2; non-transferrable) – requires registration at the Month of Design website.
- Brands & Signs Exhibition is open to individual designers, teams and companies of South-East Europe (Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Greece, Hungary, Kosovo, Macedonia, Montenegro, Romania, Serbia, Slovenia, Turkey) from environmental care, labour, transport, urban planning, gaming, society and fashion.
- Innovative, original and well-made produces may be entered
Among showcased products, the jury of Month of Design will award the best of them.
- Products need to conform to general good design criteria (ergonomics, functionality, practical use, emotional and aesthetic value, ethics, particularity and originality).
- Entries need to have been designed and manufactured within the last two years. Product prototypes, posters and brochures will be excluded.
- Entries need to conform to general good design criteria (emotional and aesthetic value, ethics, particularity, originality, and technical execution).
- Entries need to have been designed and manufactured within the last two years.
- Posters and brochures will be excluded.
How to Register
- Entry form with all the required data should be sent via entry form at www.monthofdesign.com.
- Entry form for Product Design can be also sent to [email protected], with the subject line Entry Product Design.
- Entry form for Fashion Design can be also sent to [email protected], with the subject line Entry Fashion Design.
Entrants may enter multiple products/projects, but have to fill a separate entry form for each one, and pay a separate entry fee for each entry form. In case of a collection one entry form is limited to a maximum of 5 products. In fashion design 1 »look« qualifies as a single entry and may include a maximum of 5 products on a
For more information, visit Month of Design Ljubljana.