The African Graduate Fellowship Programme – American University Cairo
Deadline: December 15, 2014
American University Cairo (AUC) announces the African Graduate Fellowship Programme. The fellowship is a competitive program for bright, highly motivated African students interested in pursuing a master’s degree at AUC.
Each year, fellowships are offered to nationals of African countries (not including Egyptians) for full-time study (nine credits or more) in any of the graduate programs offered at AUC. Fellowships are awarded for two academic years and the intervening summer session.
- Waiver of tuition fees
- Monthly stipend
- Student services and activities fee
- Medical service and health insurance fees
- A monthly housing allowance for non-residents of Cairo or accommodation in University Residences at AUC New Cairo
- In support of their professional training, fellows are assigned 12 hours per week of related academic or administrative work.
- Non-Egyptian African nationals
- Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Science degree with a minimum overall rating of very good, an overall grade point average of 3.2 on a 4.0 scale, or the equivalent
- Satisfy AUC graduate admissions requirements, including submission of AUC graduate application, additional documents and any required test scores (GMAT for MBA applicants, GRE for economics, economics in international development, and journalism and mass communication applicants)
- Submit an International TOEFL iBT exam score or an IELTS exam score meeting the cut-off scores for AUC graduate admissions.
- Step 1: Download and submit the AUC graduate application form
- Step 2: Submit the online fellowship application form
- Selection is made in April. Fellowships begin the following September.
- For inquiries, contact [email protected]
For more information, visit African Graduate Fellowship.