Deadline: Not specified
Digital Empowerment Foundation invites nominations for the “Social Media for Empowerment 2014” award to recognize, commend and encourage those practices from eight South Asian countries that are using Social Media as empowering and enabling tool for development and good governance. The award aims to foster the utilization of Social Media for social empowerment while harmonizing cross-border relationships by creating a regional network of Social Media enthusiasts.
This initiative will not only recognize and honor best social media initiatives for empowerment but also bring Social Media experts and government agents from 8 South Asian countries on one platform who will share their best practices and success stories with participants to inspire them.
- Community Mobilization
- Crowd Funding
- Communication, Advocacy & Development Activism
- Social Commerce & Enterprise
- Citizen Journalism
- Public Relations
- Women Empowerment
- Social Games & Entertainment
- Social Apps
- Any Individuals, NGO/NPO, Corporates, Students, Teachers, Farmers, Startups, Corporate, Government Organizations, Mobile app Developers, Marketing experts can apply.
- The initiative’s Social media presence shall be more than six months at the time of applying.
- Nominations are welcome from these South Asian countries:
- Sri Lanka,
- There is no limitation regarding the platforms, cost or channels the projects work with.
- Entries should focus on execution and impact rather than level of reach and engagement.
- Award nominations from past year winners for the same project will not be considered
Nomination forms must be filled out entirely. Judging will be scored on:
- Quality of Content & Relevance
- Impact & Sustainability
- USP & Strategic Value
- Ease of Use: Functionality & Navigation
- Execution value & Implementation
- Overall Experience
- Cause behind the initiative
How to Apply
Complete the online nomination form.
For more information, visit Social Media for Empowerment.