Max Planck Institute 2015 Visiting Fellows Scholarship for Foreign Scholars – Germany
Deadline: August 15, 2014
The Max Planck Institute for Comparative and International Private Law/Hamburg, Germany invites applications from foreign scholars for Visiting Fellows Research Scholarships.
The Max Planck Institute for Comparative and International Private Law offers a limited number of research scholarships for foreign scholars. The scholarships are funded by the Max Planck Society and are intended to support research stays at the Institute.
The Program is aimed at the general goal of establishing and deepening contacts with representatives of foreign legal systems. This call is for the scholarship under Visiting Fellows’ Program of maximum 4 months duration.
- Monthly € 1.365,00 for doctoral students
- Monthly € 1.650,00 for post-docs
- Monthly € 2.200,00 for professors
- Applicants can be foreign doctoral students, foreign post-doctoral candidates and other early-stage researchers, and foreign professors or other senior researchers with equivalent academic achievements.
- Applicants must have planned to undertake research at the institute within the scope of the Max Planck Institute’s areas of research.
- Applicants must indicate a valid period of not more than 4 months for the requested scholarship stay.
- Applicants applying for research project requiring proficiency in German language must be proficient in the language. A working knowledge of German (or English and/or French) is a requirement for all applicants.
- Priority is given to candidates whose work may advance the research interests of the Institute. Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply for the scholarships.
A complete application must contain the following documents;
- curriculum vitae, particularly professional education, past academic activity and employment, and a detailed description of your current position(s)
- list of your publications
- detailed information on the proposed research project, particularly subject and description of the project and working plan
- two (2) letters of recommendation.
Note: Please submit these documents via the application platform. If your letters of reference are sealed, you can submit those by mail. Your referees may also choose to submit their recommendations directly to our scholarship administration. We do not accept applications submitted via e-mail.
For more information, visit Visiting Fellows Research Scholarships.