Internship Opportunity at Yunus and Youth – Web Design Officer
Deadline: September 12, 2014
Interested in working for a social business making a positive impact in the world? Yunus & Youth, global organization working online from 20+ countries has opened an exciting position and invites you to apply to join the team. They are looking for exceptional people to help shape the next generation of business. Yunus and Youth is a global network which connects mentors with young people using business to drive social change. They train, equip and connect social business entrepreneurs to scale their impact.
Internship Opportunity – Web Design Officer
The Web Design role is an opportunity to become the driving force behind Yunus&Youth’s web presence, reaching 1000+ in our direct network across the world and almost 10,000 unique visits (and growing fast!) every month. The role involves leading the design and content of our website — yunusandyouth.com.
Duration: September 22nd – Dec 23rd, 2014
Lead a web design restructure from the ground up, including:
- Content: Front-end content management – adding content and functionality onto
- our existing website (content you ask for will be provided by the rest of our team)
- Development: Making our current site mobile-ready
- Design: Potential for a redesign which you will lead and have pushed to 10,000+ uniques each month
Understanding of HTML, CSS, and WordPress and a passion for creating stand- out, kickass websites
- Requires 10 hours a week and can be done from anywhere
- A drive to work with a fast-growing startup tackling a big, unaddressed problem in social
- A love for social impact business, social entrepreneurship, and/or mentorship
Nice to Have
- Graphic design expertise (Photoshop & Illustrator, or alternatives)
- Experience with Google Analytics or analytic-based design
- Previous experience with startups or web design
- Work with a fast-growing startup endorsed by Nobel Peace Prize laureate Muhammad Yunus
- Get your work seen by over 10,000 people a month
How to Apply
Send your resumé, a brief cover letter about why you’re passionate, and your favorite TED talk/speech/article to [email protected] – along with any examples of past web design work you’ve done.
For more information, visit Yunus and Youth.