Applications for a Gates Cambridge Scholarship for October 2015 entry are now open. Gates Cambridge Scholarships are prestigious, highly competitive full-cost scholarships. They are awarded to outstanding applicants from countries outside the UK to pursue a full-time postgraduate degree in any subject available at the University of Cambridge.
The programme aims to build a global network of future leaders committed to improving the lives of others.
A Gates Cambridge Scholarship covers the full cost of studying at Cambridge.
- outstanding intellectual ability
- leadership potential
- a commitment to improving the lives of others
- a good fit between the applicant’s qualifications and aspirations and the postgraduate programme at Cambridge for which they are applying
Applicants must be:
- a citizen of any country outside the United Kingdom.
- applying to pursue one of the following full-time residential courses of study at the University of Cambridge: PhD (three year research-only degree); MSc or MLitt (two year research-only degree); or a one year postgraduate course (e.g. MPhil, LLM, MASt, Diploma, MBA etc.)
- OR already a Gates Cambridge Scholar and want to apply for a second Scholarship. You must apply by the second, international deadline and go through the same process of departmental ranking, shortlisting and interviewing as all other candidates
- OR already a student at Cambridge and want to apply for a new postgraduate course. For example, if you are studying for an MPhil you can apply for a Gates Cambridge Scholarship to do a PhD. However, if you have already started a course, you cannot apply for a Gates Cambridge Scholarship to fund the rest of it
- Note: The following courses are ineligible:
- BA (undergraduate)
- BA affiliated (a second BA)
- MBBChir Clinical Studies
- MD Doctor of Medicine degree (6 years, part-time)
- Part-time degrees
- Non-degree courses
- Courses at universities other than Cambridge
- apply for admission as a postgraduate student to the University of Cambridge and a Gates Cambridge Scholarship at the same time, using the one application pack. Apply here.
- submit the following documents to the Graduate Admissions Office:
- GRADSAF application form (which includes a Gates Cambridge section)
- Academic transcripts
- 2 academic references
- 1 personal reference (for the Gates Cambridge Scholarship)
- Some applicants will be required to submit (1)English language test scores (2)A research proposal, an example of your written work, a GRE/GMAT score,
- For the MBA and MFin programmes you need to apply direct to the Judge Business School
October 15, 2014 (US Citizens based in the USA)
December 2, 2014 (All other Eligible Candidates)
For more information, visit Gates Cambridge