Deadline: November 15, 2014
Are you a young European? Are you a photo enthusiast? Do you think Europe can be ‘Instagrammed’? Enter the Instagram Photo Competition, a 10 month-long photo competition for young Europeans on Instagram!
The competition was launched by the three TV Hosts of the German RTL youth show ‘YOLO – Das große W’ – Cecilia Knodt, Lukas Wandke and Natalia Höppner and runs every month till November. Each month, they will announce a new monthly theme between January and November 2014 on their Facebook and Instagram profiles. This month’s new theme marks the 25th anniversary of the fall of the Berlin wall and the Iron Curtain.
To enter the contest, post up to five cool recent pictures of the Berlin Wall or simply show us how you connect with this anniversary. Special hashtag #anniversarygoesinsta.
All the monthly winners will be invited to Brussels in December to see their photos exhibited at the European Commission and for a free tour of the European institutions. The overall competition winner will also be invited to visit the production set of the ‘YOLO – Das große W’ show in one of the EU countries.
Send in your entry today!
- The monthly winners will have their photos exhibited at the premises of the European Commission (EC) during the first two weeks of December 2014 and will receive a free tour of the European institutions. All travel expenses will be covered by the EC.
- A jury composed of the three TV Hosts will then select an overall winner, on the basis of the originality of his/her photo(s), who will be invited by the competition organizer (see below) to visit the production set of the RTL show ‘YOLO – Das große W‘ (2015 season) in one of the EU countries.
- All residing EU nationals and nationals belonging to countries with EU candidate or potential candidate status (Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Kosovo, Iceland, former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia, Montenegro, Serbia and Turkey).
- Age limit: 30 years old maximum.
How to Enter
- There will be a new topic every month, linked to various EU policy themes, for a ten-month period (15th January – 15th November 2014).
- Diverse theme-specific hashtags (#) will be publicised by the TV Hosts of the German RTL programme ‘YOLO – Das große W‘ on a monthly basis on their Facebook and Instagram profiles. Participants must use these hashtags on Instagram to participate.
- Each participant may send a maximum of five entries on Instagram per monthly competition.
- Each month and per theme, the TV Hosts will publish on their Facebook pages the five images with the most “likes”, along with their authors’ names. Only one image with most “likes” per participant will be shortlisted. They will then select a winning photo from the top five on the basis of its originality. The name and photo of the monthly winner will be published on the TV Hosts’ Facebook/Instagram profiles. (Winners will be contacted via their Facebook or Instagram profiles. If no reply is received within 10 working days, a second monthly winner will be selected and contacted.)
For more information, visit Instagram Photo Competition for Young Europeans.