Deadline: December 15, 2014
Applications are invited from individuals for the South East European Peace Fellowship titled “Create a Peaceful Future Together.” The fellowship is scheduled to take place in Macedonia between March 25th – 29th 2015. The purpose of this fellowship is to engage young open-minded leaders and support their growth as change-makers to effectively contribute to the region’s sustainable and inclusive development.
The retreat will include interactive activities, meditation & yoga sessions, lectures and discussions providing the participants with new skills for non-violent resistance, peace education, enhanced creativity and stress-management. Participants will have a chance to explore meditation as a practice which can develop tools to deal with challenges within peace-building and youth work, which makes this course different from others.
Objective of the Fellowship
- To empower young people and to offer the space for them to create ideas to implement activities and events in their own communities.
- Bring young leaders and activists from the SEE region together to exchange experiences and provide a foundation for future cooperation. Strengthen an active network of young peace builders that aims to boost creativity and to support participants’ personal and professional development.
- To promote tools of non-violent communication and peace building that can be applied to all cultures, religions and professions.
- Provide the participants with the tools to inner peace and leadership skills through mindfulness, self-discipline and compassion that helps strengthen their activism and place them in meaningful work.
- To explore the idea that self-development and inner change is a core foundation of world change.
- Promote active citizenship among young people and enhance their sense of solidarity by sharing their visions to manifest tangible changes in their communities.
The South East European Peace Fellowship covers:
- Partial transportation support.
- Yoga classes and meditation sessions and
- Lectures fees.
- be nationals and residents of one of the following countries: Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Greece, Kosovo, Romania, Croatia, Serbia, Slovenia, Montenegro, Macedonia and Turkey.
- be between 18-30 years old at the time of submitting the application in order to receive the transportation support..
- be young leader actively involved in peace activities or have passion to work in peace building and coexistence within the spheres of politics, society, culture and media.
- have completed 21 days of the online self-development program.
- have good proficiency in written and spoken English language.
- be open-minded and
- positive young people who are searching for the tools to cultivate inner peace and mindfulness.
- be fully self-supportive for the transportation to the venue.
- Get started by registering online.
- Complete 21 days of the online self-development program.
- After completing 14 days of the online self-development program, the Peace Revolution selection committee will make an interview appointment based on your performance, available fund as well as group combination in the fellowship.
For any enquiries please contact Anna Oleshkevych at [email protected]
For more information, visit the SEE Peace Fellowship.