G(irls)20 Summit 2015 – Istanbul, Turkey (All Costs Covered)
Deadline: January 15, 2015
Applications are now open for the G(irls)20 Summit 2015. G(irls)20 mobilizes girls and young women for impact locally, nationally and internationally. Designed according to G20 Architecture, G(irls)20 brings together one delegate from each G20 country, plus a representative from the European & African Unions, Afghanistan, Pakistan and the MENA region, to debate and design solutions that will economically advance girls and women around the world. The 2015 Summit will take place in September/early October at Istanbul, Turkey.
While in Turkey, delegates will attend skills building training sessions, hear from a global panel of experts and work toward a set of recommendations for G20 Leaders. Upon being chosen, delegates will be required to participate before Summit training (media & leadership assessment), connect with the G(irls)20 alumni and complete a reading package to be familiar with the G20 process and issues and G(irls)20 partners.
The following will be provided to all G(irls)20 Summit Delegates:
- Summit learning materials and supplies;
- Return economy air travel arrangements, from the closest international airport to the delegate’s home to Istanbul;
- Accommodations while in Turkey (in transit accommodations to be covered by the delegate);
- Meals – breakfast, lunch, dinner and refreshments each day;
- All ground transportation while in Turkey.
Applicants must be:
- female, 18-23 years of age (at the time of the Summit);
- live and hold citizenship in one of the G20 member countries plus the Afghanistan, African Union, Azerbaijan*, the European Union, Pakistan, MENA region, Spain* or Singapore*. (These represent the members of the G20 plus countries invited by the Government of Turkey)
- have an interest in the economic advancement of girls and women;
- can commit to launching a post Summit initiative/project in your own community;
- have parental or guardian permission to travel to Turkey and to fully participate in the summit for the duration of the Summit. This may require absence from school;
- consent to appear in any and all media; and,
- can obtain valid visa and passport for travel by March 31, 2015.
- Completed Application Form
- Completed Reference Form
- Signed Expectation Form
- YouTube Submission (If you do not have the means to submit a video please let us know and this will be taken into consideration).
- Personal Biography, 250 words maximum
- Head & shoulders photograph & a scanned copy of Passport
Save application documents using the following format
- 2015PASSPORT_YOURFIRST&LASTNAME (if you do not have a passport please scan a government document to show proof of age)
E-mail completed application forms to [email protected]
For more information, visit G(irls)20 Summit