The Associated Press Global News Internship
Deadline: January 12, 2015
The Associated Press invites applications from college students and recent graduates for its Global News Internship. The Global News Internship Program is a highly selective, 12-week individually tailored training program for students who are aspiring cross-format journalists. Each Intern would work with AP bureau under the supervision of a designated trainer. Interns would cover breaking news and complete a final enterprise project working across multiple formats that may be featured in many media outlets around the world.
- US Locations: Chicago; Los Angeles; Miami; New York; Philadelphia; Phoenix; Raleigh, North Carolina; Sacramento, California and Washington, D.C
- International Locations: Bangkok; Berlin; Johannesburg; London; Mexico City; New Delhi; Paris; Rio de Janeiro; Seoul and Tokyo
This internship is designed for:
- U.S and International students
- current full-time students within two years of earning an undergraduate degree (juniors and seniors) or
- current full-time graduate students or
- students who will graduate December 2014 or later.
- Note: Interns must have experience and/or training in video and one other format.
- Complete application form
- A 300-word autobiographical essay on this topic: “The Associated Press seeks to recruit and retain a workforce that embodies a wide range of talents, experiences, achievements and journalistic skills. Please describe the qualities and accomplishments you would bring to the company as an intern.”
- A resume and cover letter (please include your projected graduation date).
- Three to five examples of your work (links to a website of your video, photos, clips and multimedia work are highly preferred).
- A reference letter from a prior internship or employer.
- All application materials should be uploaded simultaneously, including the reference letter.