Deadline: March 2, 2015
Applications are now being accepted for 2015 NEH Summer Teacher Institute, “Teaching Connected Histories of the Mediterranean.” Teaching Connected Histories of the Mediterranean is a Summer Institute for Teachers sponsored by the National Endowment for the Humanities. It represents a partnership between George Mason University and the University of Denver, offering secondary school teachers of courses such as world history, world geography, world religions, and global studies the opportunity to focus on the Mediterranean region from a world historical perspective. Under the guidance of leading scholars currently active in this field, participants will explore ways to incorporate this dynamic region into their existing courses.
See full details on program schedule.
- Applicants should be full-time and part-time classroom teachers and librarians in public, charter, independent, and religiously affiliated schools, as well as home schooling parents
- Other K-12 school personnel, including administrators, substitute teachers,and classroom professionals, are also eligible to participate
- graduate students who intend to pursue careers in K-12 teaching are also eligible for this program
- Applicants must be United States citizens, residents of U.S. jurisdictions, or foreign nationals who have been residing in the United States or its territories for at least the three years immediately preceding the application deadline.
- Foreign nationals teaching abroad at non-U.S. chartered institutions are not eligible to apply
- Stipend: $2,700
- connects teachers with the recent scholarship on this region
- access new curriculum materials developed under the direction of several prominent scholars, including some of the institute’s faculty, for the K-12 classroom.
- Complete the participant application cover sheet . A complete application consists of three copies of the following collated items: the completed application cover sheet,
- a résumé or brief biography
- a letter of support from a professional reference
- your application essay as outlined below. See details on these documents
- Print out the form you have filled out, then click SUBMIT. Submitting the form electronically will send it directly to the NEH, but you will also need the hard copy for your institute application. This cover sheet print-out must be attached to your paper application, which must include all of the elements and documents described above
- When your application is complete, attach the cover sheet print-out, and make 3 copies of this packet, collating and stapling each copy of the packet separately. Place all of the copies together in an envelope, and mail the application to the project Co-Director at this address:
Dr. Andrea Stanton
Department of Religious Studies
Sturm Hall, Room 266
2000 E. Asbury Ave.
Denver, CO 80208