Oprah Winfrey Leadership Academy for Girls 2016 – South Africa
Deadline: February 13, 2015
Applications are now open for the 2016 Oprah Winfrey Leadership Academy for Girls. The Oprah Winfrey Leadership Academy For Girls is a boarding school in South Africa that offers opportunities to disadvantaged and academically talented girls. Founded by Oprah Winfrey in 2007, it provides educational and leadership opportunities for academically gifted girls from impoverished backgrounds.
The academy provide students in Grades 8 through 12 with an opportunity to develop their full intellectual, social and leadership potential. They equip students with the intellectual and social skills necessary to assume positions of leadership in South Africa and abroad.
- Academic talent with leadership potential
- South African Citizen or permanent residency
- Total family household income of less than R8,000 per month
- Currently in Grade 7, entering Grade 8 in 2016
- Selected applicants will be invited to write entrance tests, which will be held at a number of different venues throughout South Africa.
- Further selection and more extensive testing of academic and leadership potential will follow this first round. Final selection camps lasting 2 or 3 days will be held at the Academy later in the year.
NOTICE OF NON-DISCRIMINATORY POLICY AS TO STUDENTS
The Oprah Winfrey Leadership Academy for Girls – South Africa admits students of any race, colour, national and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programmes and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the Academy. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, national and ethnic origin in administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, scholarship and loan programmes, athletic, cultural, residential and other school- administered programmes.
For more information and to apply, visit Oprah Winfrey Leadership Academy for Girls.