Deadlines : May 15, 2015 (Freshman) February 16, 2015 (Sophomores through Graduate students)
Applications are currently being accepted for the Society of Women Engineers (SWE) scholarships. SWE Scholarships support women pursuing ABET-accredited baccalaureate or graduate programs in preparation for careers in engineering, engineering technology and computer science in the United States and Mexico. In 2014, SWE disbursed over 230 new and renewed scholarships valued at more than $700,000. This scholarship is open to sophomores through graduate students for the 2015-2016 academic year.
- The Society of Women Engineers’ Scholarships are only open to women.
- The applicant is enrolled in or accepted for a baccalaureate or graduate ABET-accreditedengineering or computer science degree program. Please go to ABET for more information.Exceptions are:
- PhD: Engineering or computer science PhD students must be enrolled or accepted at a school with ABET-accredited programs as noted above.
- International: These scholarships will be awarded to students studying at university in the Querétaro, Querétaro, Mexico. There are several SWE-approved programs at four universities. These are listed on swe.org.
- The applicant is in a position to accept the scholarship in the school year for which it is being awarded.
- The minimum GPA is 3.0/4.0 for upperclass applicants.
- The applicant is not the current recipient of a renewable SWE Scholarship (i.e. is not already designated to receive a SWE scholarship payment in the coming academic year.)
- The applicant must be a full time student, except for reentry applicants.
- The applicant must be a US citizen or permanent resident of the US for some scholarships.
- The applicant is not receiving full funding for education (tuition, fees, and books orequivalent) from their school or another organization (e.g. members of the Armed Services attending US)
- Scholarships range between from $1,000 to $20,000.
- Confirm your eligibility for each scholarships, and the amount being offered by visiting the scholarship list.
- Register here
- Fill out your Profile information and submit the profile
- Check Your Email, you will receive a link for registration
- Once you get the registration link, fill out and complete your application
- Enter references for recommendation, preferably, a faculty member and a personal reference & (if applicable) a university financial aid contact. References are due one week after application deadline.
Note: Applications should be submitted on or before the deadlines (Application closes at 5:00 p.m. central time on the specified dealines)