Women Deliver’s Young Leaders Program & Youth Scholarships for 2016 Conference – Denmark
Deadline: March 15, 2015
Women Deliver is now accepting application for Young Leaders Program & Youth Scholarships for 2016 Conference. This is your chance to get involved! Apply for the Young Leaders Program – as well as for Youth Scholarships to attend the Women Deliver 2016 Conference in Copenhagen, Denmark!
Young Leaders Program
The Young Leaders Program is a three-year fellowship program for young people (under the age of 30) who are passionate about maternal, sexual, and reproductive health and rights. Women Deliver seeks to harness the untapped potential of youth advocates, under the age of 30, who are passionate about maternal, sexual and reproductive health and rights. Women Deliver works to develop the skills of youth advocates through our online learning communities, seed grant funding, and high-level networking and media opportunities.
In addition to being awarded a full scholarship to attend the Women Deliver 2016 Conference on 16-19 May 2016 in Copenhagen, Denmark, Young Leaders will also have the opportunity to:
- Participate in capacity-building e-learning opportunities that cover sexual and reproductive health and rights issues, advocacy, communications, proposal writing, project management, and monitoring and evaluation.
- Apply for seed grant funding to implement a community-based project.
- Make connections with a wide range of people working in the field, including high-level policymakers, donors, and journalists.
- Join a network of former and current Young Leaders as well as professional mentors to increase advocacy around sexual and reproductive health and rights in their home countries.
- Attend a two-day youth pre-conference workshop on advocacy around maternal health, with a focus on communications and new technologies, and serve as a youth representative at the conference.
While the total time required to fully participate in the Young Leaders Program depends on the individual, Young Leaders should expect to commit an average of up to 10 hours per week.
Youth Scholarships to attend the Women Deliver 2016 Conference are awarded to incredible youth advocates, under the age of 30, who are working to advance the health, rights, and well-being of girls and women in their community and around the world. This opportunity includes:
- A scholarship to attend the conference in Copenhagen, Denmark in May 2016
- A chance to serve as a youth representative at the conference and connect with the wide range of policymakers, donors, activists, and journalists in attendance
- Young Leaders Program and youth scholarships are open to youth advocates from around the world. However, young people from the Global South will be prioritized.
- All applicants must be born after 1 June 1986 to meet the eligibility requirements.
- All participants are expected to have a high level of proficiency in spoken and written English as all activities of the Young Leaders Program are conducted in English.
- Applicants are advised to apply for just one opportunity. Those who apply to the Young Leaders Program and are not selected will automatically be considered for the youth scholarships.
- To apply for the Young Leaders Program, fill out the application here. The application process for the Young Leaders Program is now closed.
- To apply for a youth scholarship, fill out the application here.
- Read the Frequently Asked Questions before applying.
Please note that a passport and visa may be needed to enter Denmark. Women Deliver will cover the costs of obtaining the visa and provide supporting documentation, if needed.
You are advised to apply for just one opportunity. Those who apply to the Young Leaders Program and are not selected will automatically be considered for the youth scholarships.
Scholarships to attend the conference for people over the age of 30 is now open, visit this link for details.
For more information, visit Women Deliver Young Leaders Program.