Apply: Vital Voices GROW Fellowship 2015 for Women Entrepreneurs
Deadline: February 28 and March 30, 2015
Applications are now open for the Vital Voices GROW Fellowship 2015. The VV GROW Fellowship Program is a highly competitive one-year accelerator program that works with women business owners of small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) with a high potential for growth to take their businesses and leadership to the next level.
The VV GROW Fellowship is more than just a training workshop – it is a year-long comprehensive program that empowers women business owners to create an actionable business plan, and provides them with opportunities, services, and connections that can help them grow their businesses. The program supports women-owned enterprises in Latin America and the Caribbean (LAC), and the Middle East and North Africa (MENA), and Sub-Saharan Africa (SSA), with a unique blend of online learning, in-person training, and tailored support services.
About Vital Voices Global Partnership
Vital Voices Global Partnership is a leading organization that identifies, trains and empowers emerging women leaders and social entrepreneurs around the globe, enabling them to create a better world for us all. They invest in and bring visibility to extraordinary women around the world by unleashing their leadership potential to transform lives and accelerate peace and prosperity in their communities.
The one-year program includes 3 components:
- Virtual Training: 4-6 months including a mix of online learning via webinars and Harvard Manage Mentor, an Online learning platform to develop leadership and management skills. We utilize key business tools including the SWOT, the Business Model Canvas, and key financial statements
- In-Person Training: 4-day in-person trainings, one in each region, LAC, MENA, and SSA, including group sessions, one-on-one advising, and networking opportunities
- Growth Services and Support: 5-6 months of services including one-on-one advising, technical assistance, and Harvard Manage Mentor
- As a Fellow you will gain knowledge and skills in topics including: Business Planning for Growth; Leadership Development; Executive Financial Management; Networking for Business Owners; Understanding Your Market.
- You will receive Online learning access to select Harvard Manage Mentor modules for one year; up to 10 group webinars on key business and leadership topics; 4 days of face-to-face learning opportunities with other Fellows and top trainers in the field; hours of individual support and advice with highly qualified staff and consultants; and curated readings and resources that are tailored to your needs.
- You will make lasting connections with a group of 20+ women entrepreneurs from your region, and you will gain access to the Vital Voices’ Global Leadership Network around the globe.
- You will receive referrals to advisory and business services that meet your needs.
- Furthermore, you will receive a certificate of completion from VV Grow Fellowship and Harvard Manage Mentor.
Vital Voices covers 100% of the costs, including travel and lodging.
- The expected time commitment for the virtual training is 4 hours per week for 4-5 months; for the in person training 4 days plus travel; for growth services and support approximately 8-10 hours per month for 5-6 months.
- All Fellows are expected to attend the 4-day in-person training in their respective regions and continue to engage with Vital Voices staff during the growth support period after the in-person training.
- Fellows are also expected to participate in the tracking of the growth of their businesses for up to 2 years during the Fellowship, and 2 years afterwards through methods including surveys and calls.
Vital Voices is seeking applications from women business owners from Latin America and the Caribbean, the Middle East and North Africa, and Sub-Saharan Africa, who:
- Own a business that has been in operation for at least 3 years,
- Employ at least 3 staff (including temporary and/or seasonal workers), and
- Generate at least USD $40,000 in annual sales
As an interested applicant, you:
- Are motivated to build the skills and make the changes needed to grow your business,
- Are excited to participate in a one year program that includes on-line and in-person training and access to business growth opportunities, and
- Recognize the value of and will participate in the tracking of the growth of your business for up to 1 year during the Fellowship, and 2 years afterwards through methods including surveys and calls.
The application deadline for each region is as follows:
- Latin America and the Caribbean: February 28, 2015
- Middle East and North Africa: March 30, 2015
- Sub-Saharan Africa: March 30, 2015
For more information by region:
- Latin America and the Caribbean: VVGROWLAC@vitalnetwork.org
- Middle East and North Africa: VVGROWMENA@vitalnetwork.org
- Sub-Saharan Africa: VVGROWAfrica@vitalnetwork.org
For more information, visit Vital Voices GROW Fellowship 2015.