TÜBİTAK Graduate Scholarship 2015 – Turkey
Deadline: April 03, 2015
The Scientific and Technological Research Council of Turkey (TÜBİTAK) grants scholarships for international students seeking to pursue a graduate degree in Turkey. The scholarship covers fields of Natural Sciences, Engineering and Technological Sciences, Medical Sciences, Agricultural Sciences, Social Sciences and Humanities
- A monthly stipend of 1.500 Turkish Liras (TL) for MSc/MA students
- A monthly stipend of 1.800 Turkish Liras (TL) for PhD students
- Tuition Fee (up to 2.000 Turkish Liras)
- A monthly allowance for health insurance coverage for the award holder only.
- Maximum duration for the scholarship is 2 years for the Masters and 4 years for the PhD program.
- All scholarship awardees who successfully complete a Master’s program will be rewarded scholarship for a PhD program on the condition that they are admitted to a program at a Turkish University.
The scholarship is open to all students who want to undertake a graduate degree program in Turkey on the following conditions:
- Applicants must be 30 years old or younger for the MSc/MA programs and 35 years old or younger for the PhD programs on the first day of the application period.
- Applicants should be non-Turkish citizens. Applicants who hold dual citizenship with Turkey are not eligible to apply.
- Applicants who hold a Bachelor’s degree or who are currently enrolled in their fourth year of college are eligible to apply for scholarship for the MSc/MA programs.
- Applicants who are currently enrolled in an MSc/MA program in Turkey are also eligible for the Msc/MA scholarship on the condition that they have not yet completed their third semester in the program.
- Applicants holding an MSc/MA degree or currently enrolled in a master’s program who intend to enroll in a PhD program in Turkey are eligible to apply for the scholarship.
- Applicants who are currently enrolled in a PhD program in Turkey are also eligible to apply on the condition that they have not yet completed their six semester in the program.
- Applicants who are medal winners at any branch of the International Science Olympiads will be given priority.
Results of successful applicants are announced 3 months later, after the deadlines.
- Copy of birth certificate or passport (pages of personal information)
- Copy of Bachelor’s and Master’s degree* (If any)
- Copy of Undergraduate and Graduate transcripts* (If any)
- A motivation letter (Statement of purpose)
- Curriculum vitae
- Two reference letters
- Certificates of achievement (if any)
* The documents must be English or Turkish. Officially translated copy of the documents can be used in the application.
How to Apply
All applications must be submitted electronically via TÜBİTAK scholarship application portal. Click HERE to visit the portal.
For more information, visit The Scientific and Technological Research Council of Turkey (TÜBİTAK)