Apply: PhD Fellowships at Hector Fellow Academy – Germany
Deadline: April 30, 2015
Hector Fellow Academy calls for outstanding candidates worldwide to apply for PhD fellowships. PhD students of the Hector Fellow Academy carry out a self-developed research project under supervision of one of the Hector Fellows. The 20 Hector Fellows are a community of excellent professors from the natural sciences and engineering working at different research institutions across Germany/Switzerland. Hector Fellow Academy PhD students are employed as research assistants at the university of the corresponding Hector Fellow in Germany for a period of three years. In addition, they receive material expenses for their research and are given the opportunity to participate in selected management modules.
Duration: 3 years
- An employment opportunity for a period of up to three years at the university of the supervising Hector Fellow
- A financial support corresponding to normal institutional rate
- In addition, fellows may get up to 15.000 € per year for materials needed in the research project.
Application requirements for the fellowship include:
- Preparation of a self-developed research idea for a relevant scientific issue
- Master’s degree (or equivalent) with excellent performance;
- Very good knowledge of English
- Readiness to move to the location of the Hector Fellow’s university
- PhD-project description with nomination of the preferred Hector Fellow (3.000 – 6.000 letters incl. spaces);
- Abstract of the planned PhD-project (max. 1.500 letters incl. spaces)
- Project schedule
- Curriculum Vitae
- General qualification for university entrance
- Bachelor’s certificate / Intermediate
- Master’s certificate
- Ranking in graduates (for students from Non-German universities)
- Results of an English language proficiency test
- Passport photograph.
How to Apply
Applicants who are interested in the fellowship are required to complete an Online Application. Click HERE to apply.
For more information, visit Hector Fellow Academy