Attend the 2015 University of Pittsburgh Global Student Leadership Summit – USA (Fully-funded)
Deadline: May 03, 2015
Are you a student leader? The University of Pittsburgh invite you to Join 50 top student leaders from across the world to learn how to be effective, ethical, and innovative leaders. Participants will work alongside distinguished mentors who will share their expertise and provide advanced leadership training.
Students will emerge from the academy with the skills and experience to excel as global leaders.
Location and Dates
University of Pittsburgh; Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Saturday, July 18 – Tuesday, July 21, 2015
- Paid registration
- Accommodation and boarding
- Up to $500 in travel assistance for international students (up to $200 for domestic students based on need)
- Travel funds will be granted following the summit
The summit is open to:
- Accomplished student leaders from college campuses across the world.
- Accomplished undergraduate and entry-level graduate student (enrolled and/or have completed first year of graduate school) leaders from college campuses across the world.
- Eligible students include rising sophomores, juniors, seniors, graduating seniors from two-year and four-year schools, and entry-level graduate students (those enrolled in first year of graduate school and/or have completed the first year of graduate school).
- Student applicants who have been involved in a range of campus and community programs and service-learning.
How to Apply
To apply and participate in the summit, applicants are required to complete an Online Application with the following:
- One current letter of recommendation written by a university administrator (e.g. College Dean, Director of Student Life, Departmental Chair). Application will be incomplete unless the recommendation letter is uploaded and/or sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by the application deadline. You may send an additional letter to supplement your application.
- Résumé (include GPA on résumé).
- Single-page essay using 12-point times new roman font. Your essay should incorporate the following questions:
What specifically have you accomplished as a leader on your campus and/or in your community, and how did you motivate others? How has your leadership experience on your campus and/or in your community broadened your understanding of the challenges and opportunities confronting global leaders today? How do you envision yourself addressing these challenges and opportunities be it through a career, community service, and/or civic engagement?
Students will be notified of pending application by email on or before May 24, 2015
For more information, visit University of Pittsburgh.