She Leads Africa-Huawei Fellowship for Female Entrepreneurs 2015 – China
Deadline: April 30, 2015
Applications are now open for the She Leads Africa- Huawei Fellowship which offers a week-long innovation tour to Shenzhen and Shanghai, China for top young women building technology companies across Africa. This is the first program of its kind to provide female tech entrepreneurs from across Africa the opportunity to visit China and receive a behind the scenes experience at the technology giant, network with peer entrepreneurs and develop relationships with investors and companies interested in doing business in Africa. The trip will take place from August 2nd – 7th with entrepreneurs visiting Shenzen as well as Shanghai.
In August a select group of Africa’s most promising young female technology entrepreneurs will have the opportunity to participate on an innovation exchange to China. This is a result of an exciting partnership between She Leads Africa and Huawei Technologies Ltd.
- A week-long innovation tour to Shenzhen and Shanghai, China
- Networking opportunities with peer entrepreneurs.
- Develop relationships with investors and companies interested in doing business in Africa.
- In between stops at Huawei, entrepreneurs will meet with some of China’s best and brightest young entrepreneurs and visit technology incubators and design factories leading the way in innovation.
- Applicants must be women between the ages of 18-40
- Applicants must be entrepreneurs building a technology business focused on Africa
How to Apply
- Fill out the online application form
- Please email a pitch deck to email@example.com with the subject line: Huawei Fellowship – First Name, Surname by April 30th. (A pitch deck is a presentation, usually powerpoint, that summarizes your startup idea and business model for potential investors).
Questions can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org with Huawei Fellowship in the subject line.