Apply to attend the One Young World Summit 2015 – Bangkok, Thailand (Full Scholarship Available)
Deadline: July 1, 2015
Young people from across the world are invited to attend the One Young World Summit 2015 taking place on 18 November, 2015 in Bangkok, Thailand. The annual One Young World Summit brings together the most valuable young talent from global and national companies, NGOs, universities and other forward-thinking organisations. Delegates to the Summit meet and make lasting connections with peers from almost every industry, sector and country.
During the Summit delegates debate, formulate and share innovative solutions for the pressing issues the world faces. They will hear and be heard by world leaders acting as the One Young World Counsellors. Past Counsellors include Archbishop Emeritus Desmond Tutu, Bob Geldof, Kofi Annan, Sir Richard Branson, Professor Muhammad Yunus, Mary Robinson, Jack Dorsey and Arianna Huffington.
If you are a leader aged 18 – 30 with a passion for global issues and a track record of making a significant impact in your community, country or organisation then you could be part of this year’s One Young World delegation 2015.
Scholarship – All Bar None
One Young World is committed to ensuring that the opportunity to attend the Summit is available to as many as possible regardless of their ability to pay. As well as their core scholarship, All Bar None, they are working with their partners to create further scholarship opportunities suitable for candidates with a range of backgrounds, skill sets and nationalities.
All Bar None
All Bar None is an initiative designed to ensure that outstanding young people from every country in the world are represented at the One Young World Summit 2015. All Bar None sponsorship will pay for the following:
- Access to the One Young World Summit 2015 in Bangkok, Thailand.
- Hotel accommodation on a shared basis on the nights of 17, 18, 19 and 20 November.
- Catering which includes breakfast, lunch and dinner on 17, 18, 19 and 20 November and breakfast only on 21 November.
- Transport between the Summit accommodation and the Summit venue.
- Summit hand-outs and support materials.
- The cost of travel to and from Bangkok.
You are eligible for All Bar None sponsorship if you can answer ‘yes’ to the following questions:
- Are you aged 18-30?
- Are you a national of one of the 119 countries listed below?
- Do you have a passion for world issues and evidenced commitment to making a positive change?
These countries (in alphabetical order) have been selected because they were represented by the fewest delegates at the 2014 Summit in Dublin.
- Albania, Algeria, Andorra, Antigua and Barbuda, Armenia, Azerbaijan
- Barbados, Belarus, Belize, Benin, Bolivia, Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Botswana, Brunei, Darussalam, Bulgaria, Burkina Faso, Burundi
- Cambodia, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Chad, Chile, Comoros, The Democratic Republic of Congo, Costa Rica, Côte d’Ivoire, Croatia, Cuba, Cyprus, Czech Republic
- Democratic People’s Republic of Korea, Denmark, Djibouti, Dominica, Dominican Republic
- El Salvador, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea
- Fiji, Finland
- Gabon, Gambia, Georgia, Grenada, Guatemala, Guinea, Guinea-bissau, Guyana,
- Haiti, Holy See, Hungary
- Iceland, Iran, Jamaica, Jordan
- Kiribati, Republic of Korea, Kosovo, Kyrgyzstan
- Lao People’s Democratic Republic, Latvia, Lesotho, Liberia, Libyan Arab Jamahiriya, Lithuania, Luxembourg,
- Madagascar, Maldives, Malta, Marshall Islands, Mauritania, Micronesia (Federated States of) Moldova, Republic of Monaco, Mongolia, Montenegro, Myanmar
- Nauru, Nepal, Nicaragua, Niger
- Palestinian Territory, Occupied
- Palau, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Portugal
- Republic of Macedonia, Romania, Rwanda
- Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and The Grenadines, Samoa, San Marino, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Serbia, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Slovakia, Slovenia, Solomon Islands, South Sudan, Sudan, Syrian Arab Republic
- Taiwan, Tajikistan, Timor-leste, Togo, Tonga, Tunisia, Turkmenistan, Tuvalu
- Vanuatu, Viet Nam
How to Apply
Apply online for the All Bar None Scholarship.
NOTE: If you are a leader with a passion for global issues and a track record of making a significant impact, but are not eligible for a current scholarship but would like to be considered for any future funding opportunities, please register here and we will contact you if a suitable scholarship becomes available.
For more information, visit One Young World Summit 2015.