Business Teaching Fellowship at MEST Ghana 2015-16 (Fully-Sponsored)
Deadline: April 30, 2015
The Meltwater Entrepreneurial School of Technology (MEST) is looking for candidates with a passion for teaching and a strong background in business and/or entrepreneurship for a one-year assignment teaching talented university graduates in Accra, Ghana. MEST provides training, investment and mentoring for aspiring technology entrepreneurs with the goal of creating globally successful companies that create wealth and jobs locally in Africa.
On a daily basis, Teaching Fellows support MEST Trainees in developing their entrepreneurial and global business skills. They work in dynamic teams with other Fellows from around the world, which are led by Faculty that have significant software and business experience. Help Train the Next Generation of Tech Entrepreneurs.
- Invaluable work & life experience in an entrepreneurial organization working to make a difference
- Teaching experience; International work experience
- A chance to make a significant impact- transfer knowledge and skills to talented Africans who will set up software companies
- Develop relationships with Africa’s future leaders
- US$1000 Monthly stipend
- Travel, Housing, Meals and Emergency Health Insurance provided by MEST
This is a unique opportunity for you to be part of a team that is developing an unprecedented technology generation in Africa!
- Be part of the faculty and participate in influencing the curriculum
- Prepare and deliver lectures
- Help determine topics and requirements for project assignments
- Grade and evaluate deliverables
- Tutor students one on one
- Prepare students for the global business world by becoming a mentor and positive role model
- Bachelor’s degree in business and/or entrepreneurship
- Creativity/brainstorming techniques and business idea generation and validation
- Very good understanding of finance, accounting, marketing and strategy
- Business plan writing and evaluation skills
- Startup experience in finance & accounting OR business-consumer & business-business marketing
- Startup experience in business strategy development / business developent
- Passion for teaching
- Ability to work in a team, and to deal with ambiguity
- Good verbal and written communication in English; good presentation skills
For more information and to apply, visit MEST Business Teaching Fellowship.