Call For Nominations- 2015 Wenhui Award For Educational Innovation
Deadline: July 29, 2015
The National Commission of the People’s Republic of China for UNESCO, and the UNESCO Asia-Pacific Programme of Educational Innovation for Development (APEID), calls for nominations from governments, educational institutions, international organizations, non-governmental organizations and individuals in Asia and Pacific for its annual Wenhui Award.
This award aims to recognize the contributions of educators and institutions which have optimized the potential of education and the human innovative spirit to address and resolve pressing issues and problems facing our world today.
The Award shall be conferred on two individuals or institutions in recognition of their commitment and outstanding efforts in the development of educational innovations according to the theme of the year. The two winners will receive:
- Certificate of Excellence and prize money of US$ 20,000 each.
- Certificates of Merit may also be awarded to individuals or institutions that have demonstrated commendable innovative practices.
Eligible candidates must possess the following attributes:
- Have demonstrated their ability in developing innovative practices that have enhanced educational and training contents, pedagogies and knowledge to enhance skills development.
- Have verified the positive impact of their innovations in education and training in bringing about noticeable changes in values, mindsets, practices, behaviours and skills for now and in the future.
- Have proven their commitment in promoting and translating the principles of lifelong learning in skills development; and
- Have established that their innovative practices are current and relevant to the educational issues of the 21st century.
Entries would be judged based on the following criteria:
- Uniqueness and originality of the innovation.
- Timeliness and relevance of the innovation.
- Success and impact of the innovation.
- Leadership and management of the innovation.
- Quality of the supporting evidence.
- Innovative use of available resources.
- Potential for replication of the innovation.
- Sustainability of the innovation.
Conditions of Entry
- All entries must be from the Asia-Pacific region.
- The work must be attested to be authentic and original.
- The innovation must be current or initiated in the last five years.
- Shortlisted entries may be asked to supply more documents or evidence, if necessary.
- All entries must be accompanied by evidence that supports the nomination.
- All nominees will be responsible for the delivery of their materials to their respective nomination agencies and for checking that their materials are received by the Award Secretariat.
- All submissions will be taken to imply the granting of permission to publish all materials and particulars, without charge to UNESCO.
- All nominees must complete the consent form available online at the Award website permitting UNESCO to publish and share their work, on the understanding that the work will be fully acknowledged and credited to the relevant individuals or institutions stated in the nomination forms.
- All materials submitted will not be returned.
- The jury’s decision is final and correspondence will not be entered into.
Nominations shall be submitted to the Award Secretariat at UNESCO Bangkok through the National Commissions for UNESCO, UNESCO Offices and other organizations associated with UNESCO, using an official Award Application Form available online at
Each nomination must be accompanied by the following attachments:
- Description of the candidate’s/institution’s background and achievements (1 page, A4 size, in English)
- Summary of work, publications and other relevant documents of major importance (maximum of 4 pages, A4 size, in English)
- Evidence to support the nomination of the candidate (may be in English or local language)
- Letter(s) of recommendation (in English or local languages)
- Consent form for use and distribution of materials
All nominations must reach the Award Secretariat by 29 July 2015. Please check with your nomination agency on the status of your submission.
List of UNESCO offices & list of National Commissions for UNESCO in the Asia-Pacific region.