Call for Papers: Re-thinking Power and the State in History Seminar
Deadline: May 31, 2015
Submit papers for the Re-thinking Power and the State Seminar. The fourth meeting in the international seminar series Finland in Comparison organized by the Finnish Centre of Excellence in Historical Research will explore and discuss national histories in comparative perspective. The special theme of the 2015 conference is the role of the state in history and the (important) role of the state in explaining the past in different contexts. Contributions that look at national histories from other points of view will also be welcomed.
As with the past seminars, the Re-thinking Power and the State in History seminar welcomes papers ranging from theoretical reflections and historiographical discussions to case studies. In particular, contributions that discuss challenges of methodological nationalism, and that use frameworks informed by transnational history and global history are also invited. Presentations are not restricted to the history of Finland.
- The organizers will provide accommodation and the meals for accepted speakers.
- No registration fee is required to participate.
- Opened to individuals with interest in the issues of state and its role in history.
Send a short abstract of no more than 300 words in English to the following email addresses:
- firstname.lastname@example.org – Director of the CoE
- email@example.com – Coordinator of the CoE
For more information, visit Re-thinking Power and the State in History.