Deadline: July 15, 2015
The Global Peter Drucker Challenge is a contest for students and professionals from across the world. Organized by the Peter Drucker Society Europe, the contest aims at raising awareness of the works and humanistic values of Peter Drucker among young people – the new generation poised to build on a management philosophy that puts the human being at its center.
Take part in the Global Peter Drucker Challenge contest to qualify for participation in one of the leading conferences on management: The 7th Global Peter Drucker Forum taking place in Vienna, Austria, on 5 and 6 November 2015. The The Global Peter Drucker Forum is an annual conference aimed at advancing the development of management thinking and practice in order to respond to the changing requirements in our societies.
In 2015, you are invited to think out of the box and to submit an essay covering the topic “Managing Oneself in the Digital Age”. The theme will challenge you to take a look inside yourself to place out the strength that no one else possesses.
Read more about the Topic and Context.
- Free registration to the Global Peter Drucker Forum for the best 30 contributions
- Join the debate with 40 leading international speakers and 400 top decision makers from all over the world
- Meet with 20 finalists at the Challenge Get-Together
- Engage in lively discussions at the speakers’ reception and the Gala event
- Opportunity to participate in a session and an interview by important media
- EUR 1.000 prize money for 1st prize winners in the two categories
- Win a one-year-all-access subscription to Harvard Business Review
- Funding of travel expenses (airfare plus 3 nights lodging) for the 1st prize winners in the two categories
- Invitation to the events on the pre-conference day (Nov. 4) including Drucker Challenge Get-Together
(with partner) and Speakers reception (with partner)
- Invitation to the Gala event on Nov. 5 with awards ceremony (with partner)
- Ranking list and publication of essay on www.druckerchallenge.org
The opportunity to get a blog with your key thoughts published on www.druckerforum.org/blog
- One year free membership with Peter Drucker Society Europe
You are qualified to enter the challenge if:
- You are born 1980 or later, at least 18 years old?
- You are a student (undergraduate, graduate level, MBA)?
- You are a professional (manager or entrepreneur)? Not yet sure about your orientation? No problem – you are also invited to participate in the contest
- You have not been selected or only once among the TOP 10 since 2010?
- Form: Essay (1500 to 3000 words)
- Language: English
- Open to 2 categories:
- Students (undergraduates, graduates, MBA, Phd)
- Professionals (managers and entrepreneurs), future professionals
- Age 18 – 35
Essay submissions will be evaluated according to
- The way you describe your personal insights based on
Peter Drucker’s essay “Managing Oneself”
- The way you are translating Peter Drucker’s people-centered management philosophy in our times as a basis for further reflections
- The way you connect the past and the future from your own cultural point of view
- Relevance and originality, your personal style
- Original concept, specifically produced by you for the purpose of this contest
- Ability to express your thoughts in fluent English
- Form: 1500 to 3000 words
For more information, visit Global Peter Drucker Challenge.