Hamdan Bin Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum International Photography Awards- $400,000 in Prizes
Deadline: December 31, 2015
Hamdan Bin Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum International Photography Award (HIPA) is currently accepting submissions for its 4th International Photography Awards. Innovative photographers are encouraged to let go of any inhibitions and let their creativity freely guide their lenses to capture whatever goes in their minds.
This year’s main theme for the Award is “happiness” – the main pursuit of all humanity.
The four categories selected for this year’s edition of the Award are bound to inspire participants into a journey that fathoms the nature of man in unseen details and explores the subtleties of our daily lives, to capture unique and outstanding moments in time.
This competition is open to all individuals over the age of 18 from all over the world
- Father & Son
1st Prize: $25,000
2nd Prize: $20,000
3rd Prize: $15,000
4th Prize: $12,000
5th Prize: $10,000
Wildlife, Father and Son & General Categories
1st Prize: $15,000
2nd Prize: $12,000
3rd Prize: $10,000
4th Prize: $8,000
5th Prize: $6,000
Photography appreciation award (Personal,group, and team award): $20,000
Photographic Research/Report award: $25,000
How to Enter
- The Competition is open for online submissions only (the Submissions), through the Competition Online Registration page available on www.hipa.ae.Entries could be submitted in English or Arabic
- Submissions will be accepted from 00:01 on 21 March 2015 until 24:00 on 31st December 2015, UAE local time, (i.e. GMT +4). No Submissions made after the closing time will be accepted.
- You may submit up to one (1) Photo in each category of the Competition. You must provide one (1) title for each Photo.
- The same Photo must not be submitted in more than One (1) category. Any Photo submitted in more than one (1) category will be, subject to HIPA discretion, and without further notice, discarded from either a category or the entire Competition.
- Submitted Photo(s) must be in JPEG format, with high quality and resolution, of a minimum 2 MB in size and suitable for publication.
- Black and white Photos are permitted in all the categories of the Competition.
- All submitted Photos must not contain any tag(s), signature(s), initial(s), frame, border(s), logo(s) or any other references and/or marks added by the Participant. Basic technical editing of the Photo(s) is acceptable, provided any such editing does not affect the authenticity and/or genuineness of the Photo(s). Advanced editing used to create illusions, deceptions and/or manipulations, including compositing and creative retouching of the Photo(s) is prohibited. HIPA preserves the right to assess and discard from the Competition any submitted Photo(s) deemed, at HIPA’s own discretion, contrary to the foregoing.
- Photos that portray or otherwise include inappropriate and/or offensive contents, including nudity, violence, human rights and/or environmental violation, and/or any other contents deemed to be contrary to the UAE religious, cultural and/or public morals traditions and practices, are strictly prohibited and will be immediately discarded. A Participant who submits any such Photo(s) may be permanently prohibited, subject to HIPA discretion, from participating in the Competition or any other any current or future HIPA competition.
- Photo(s) that have won any previous award(s), whether in any HIPA prior competition(s), or in any other competition(s) whatsoever and announced before 31st December 2015, and/or Photos that have been previously used, or are intended to be used, for any kind of commercial purposes, must not be submitted. Any Photo(s) submitted in contrary to the foregoing will be automatically and without further notice discarded from the entire Competition.
- For the shortlisted photographs, the Award has the right to ask for the original/RAW file. All the shortlisted should submit the original photographs in maximum 7 days. Otherwise, the photograph will be disqualified from the competition.
For more information, visit Hamdan Bin Mohammed Bin International Photography Awards or visit the FAQ section.