PLURAL+ Youth Video Festival 2015 – Win US$1,000 and trip to New York
Deadline: June 15, 2015
The United Nations Alliance of Civilizations (UNAOC) and the International Organization for Migration (IOM) again invite the youth worldwide to submit original and creative videos focusing on PLURAL+ themes: migration, diversity and social inclusion.
Recognizing youth as powerful agents of social change in a world often characterized by intolerance, and cultural and religious divisions, PLURAL+ invites youth to address key challenges related to migrant integration, inclusiveness, identity, diversity, human rights and social cohesiveness, both at local and global levels. Young people up to 25 years old are invited to submit short videos of five minutes maximum in length.
Prizes and Awards
The PLURAL+ JURY AWARD prizes will be awarded in three (3) age-based categories:
- up to 12 years old
- 13 to 17 years old
- 18 to 25 years old
The PLURAL+ Jury Awards will be awarded to one entrant per category and will be selected by an independent international jury.
- The 3 winners of the PLURAL+ JURY AWARD will each receive US$1,000.
- These awardees will receive an invitation (travel and accommodations expenses paid) to attend the PLURAL+ Awards Ceremony held at the Paley Center for Media on 3 December 2015 in New York City!
- Additional awards will be given by collaborating partner agencies and may include equipment or professional opportunities.
- Winning videos will receive broad recognition and exposure through wide multi-platform distribution of their work, including broadcast, satellite, internet, film festivals and DVD.
Winning entrants will be notified no later than 26 October, 2015. A prestigious international jury will announce the winners in New York during an event hosted at the Paley Center for Media early in December 2015 in New York.
- Entrants to PLURAL+ must be between the ages of 9-25.
- People appearing in the video do not have to be youth. However the videos must reflect the youth’s opinions or reflections about migration, diversity and social inclusion.
- Multiple youth may work together to make one video, as long as all members of the group are between the ages of 9-25.
- Other people involved in the making of the video (e.g. educators, teachers, instructors, etc.) might be over 25 as long as their creative role is minimal (group coordination, technical support, renting equipment, etc.)
- If multiple youth work together on one video then the video will be judged in the age category of the eldest youth.
- Immediate family members (siblings, children and grandchildren) of jurors for the PLURAL+ Video Festival are not eligible to enter the Video Festival.
- Preferably all videos should be submitted as a file (preferably as “.mov”) via a file hosting website like dropbox.com, WeTransfer, etc. Or the entrant can mail a DVD of the video entry to PLURAL+ mailing address.
- Videos that are not in English must have English subtitles.
- All videos must be 5 minutes maximum of running time, including title and end credits.
How to Apply
- Please read the complete rules and regulations
- Fill out the ENTRY FORM (.doc) (.pdf) and mail your entry following the instructions.
For more information, visit PLURAL+ Youth Video Festival.