Deadline: June 30, 2015
The International Catalan Institute for Peace (ICIP) has announced the call for nominations for the fifth edition of the ICIP Peace in Progress Award. The International Catalan Institute for Peace (ICIP), created by the Parliament of Catalonia in 2007, is a public organization, with the characteristics of an institution, but independent of the Government and private entities, and with its own legal personality. ICIP aims to promote a culture of peace in Catalonia and around the world, to facilitate the peaceful resolution and transformation of conflicts, and to ensure that Catalonia plays an active role as an agent of peace.
The ICIP Peace in Progress Award aims to reward and publicly recognize individuals, organizations or institutions that have made a significant contribution towards promoting and fostering peace. The Award is granted by agreement of the Governing Board of ICIP and is presented at an institutional award ceremony which takes place annually at the Catalan Parliament.
- The ICIP Peace in Progress Award 2015 consists of an Honorary distinction, public recognition, a sculpture created by Adolfo Perez Esquivel, Nobel Peace Prize Winner, and a EUR 4000 Award.
- Individuals, public or private non-profit organizations or institutions from around the world that throughout their actions and career have made an outstanding contribution to the construction and promotion of peace are eligible for the award.
- Fill in the online application form;
- Present a copy of the agreement of the governing body of the organization that is presenting a nomination, approving the presentation of the nomination;
- Attach a profile or biography of the proposed individual, organization or institution;
- Present a declaration of the nominee expressing agreement to participate in the competition for the ICIP Award;
- If necessary, one may submit letters of support in favor of the individual, organization or institution proposed.