Deadline: June 10, 2015
Applications are invited for Traineeship Opportunity at the Right Livelihood Award Foundation. The Foundation is a politically independent and non-ideological platform for the voices of its Laureates to be heard. The Right Livelihood Award Foundation has since 1980 given out awards, often called the “Alternative Nobel Prizes”. The prizes are presented every year to four outstanding individuals or organisations in the fields of peace, human rights, and the environment. It is sustained by individual donations from different countries.
The Swedish Foundation has partner organisations in the US, Germany, and Switzerland. Its network of recipients, donors, and other supporters covers five continents. The Stockholm-based office of the foundation has four staff members and usually one or two trainees. The office at Stockholm, Sweden will need a trainee to work as Communications Assistant for a period of six months (August 2015 – January 2016).
The trainee will carry out the following tasks:
- Website management, content and promotion;
- Maintenance, content, promotion and development of social media platforms;
- Multi-media management;
- Press work;
- General office support.
A gross salary of SEK 9,948 per month ( EUR 1,060) for the trainee.
- Be in University studies (ongoing or recently finished), or other education in journalism, media and communication;
- Have experience with online journalism and online promotion;
- Have knowledge and interest in social, environmental, human rights and/or development questions;
- Have multimedia skills such as video-editing, photo management and graphic design;
- Have knowledge of Adobe Premiere Pro, Photoshop, InDesign, and Typo3.
- Have excellent oral and written English;
- Have knowledge of French, Spanish, German or Swedish. This will serve as an asset.
To apply, send the following documents by e-mail to [email protected]
- letter of motivation
- CV and
- contact details for two reference persons.
For any questions about the position, please contact the present trainee, Chiara De Luca, at [email protected] or +46-8-70 20 339.
For more information, visit Traineeship at Right Livelihood Award Foundation.