Deadline: July 10, 2015
The United Nations Alliance Of Civilizations is now selecting emerging leaders and young professionals from the Middle East, North Africa to participate in the 2015 edition of the Fellowship Programme. The objective of this fellowship is to foster intercultural dialogue and interfaith understanding.
10-12 participants from North Africa and the Middle east will travel to Europe and North America (EUNA) for 2 weeks. During their trip, participants will interact with actors from various backgrounds in order to get an extensive grasp of their host country’s culture, politics, society, religion, media and more.
Participants’ trip will will focus on a specific sub-theme: Migration and Integration. There are four main reasons behind such choice.
- Migration is one of UNAOC main pillars of action (along with Youth, Education, and Media).
- This topic is at the center of current events in EUNA countries where the issue has become a focus of attention in media and political debates.
- It remains broad enough to allow interaction with a wide range of actors, while ensuring effective exchanges and activities on the ground and across countries.
- An important number of Alumni are themselves involved in the field of Migration and Integration.
Eligible participants must be:
- From the Middle East or North Africa
- Born between January 1st 1977 and December 31st 1990
- Fluent in English
- Be directly involved, at a personal and/or professional level, within the field of Migration and Integration through governmental position, politics, civil society, media, community/faith based associations and initiatives, academia, think-tanks, arts, and any other fields relevant to the Fellowship Programme’s objective.
- In the possession of a passport valid at least 9 months beyond October 2015 (July 2016 and beyond)
- Available to travel for a period of 15 days in the first half of October 2015 as scheduled by UNAOC
- First hand exposure to diversity,
- Opportunity to experience cultural immersion.
How to Apply
A complete application includes:
- Complete application form
- A scanned copy of your passport.
Application Form Instructions
- The application is to be completed in English only.
- The application is to be completed truthfully and in its entirety.
- Make sure to attach all the documents required in Section 6. How to Apply?
- Do not attach anything else but the documents required in Section 6. How to Apply.
For more information visit UNAOC Fellowship.