Deadline: July 10, 2015
The United Nations Alliance Of Civilizations is now selecting emerging leaders and young professionals from the Europe and North America (EUNA) to participate in the 2015 edition of the Fellowship Programme. The objective of this fellowship is to foster intercultural dialogue and interfaith understanding.
10-12 participants from EUNA will travel to Middle East & North Africa (MENA) for 2 weeks. During their trip, participants will interact with actors from various backgrounds in order to get an extensive grasp of their host country’s culture, politics, society, religion, media and more.
Participants’ trip will will focus on a specific sub-theme: Youth Development. There are four main reasons behind such choice.
- Youth is one of UNAOC main pillars of action (along with Education, Media and Migration).
- This topic is at the center of current events in the MENA region and is becoming more relevant everyday.
- It remains broad enough to allow interaction with a wide range of actors, while ensuring effective exchanges and activities on the ground and across the region.
- An important number of Alumni are themselves involved in the field of Youth Development.
Eligible participants must be:
- From the U.S., Canada, the European Union and the rest of Europe
- Born between January 1st 1977 and December 31st 1990
- Fluent in English
- Be directly involved, at a personal and/or professional level, within the field of Youth Development through governmental position, politics, civil society, media, community/faith based associations and initiatives, academia, think-tanks, arts, and any other fields relevant to the Fellowship Programme’s objective.
- In the possession of a passport valid at least 6 months beyond October 2015 (April 2016 and beyond)
- Available to travel for a period of 15 days in the second half of October 2015 as scheduled by UNAOC
- First hand exposure to diversity,
- Opportunity to experience cultural immersion.
How to Apply
A complete application includes:
- Complete application form
- A scanned copy of your passport
Application Form Instructions
- The application is to be completed in English only.
- The application is to be completed truthfully and in its entirety.
- Make sure to attach all the documents required in Section 6. How to Apply?.
- Do not attach anything else but the documents required in Section 6. How to Apply.
For more information visit UNAOC Fellowship.