Deadlines: July 27, 2015
Canon Collins Trust seeks to support exceptional individuals who are committed to social justice in Southern Africa and for whom a postgraduate qualification is an essential tool in working to create an open and just society. This scholarship support will be provided for a maximum of two years for Masters and three years for PhD. Continued funding depends upon satisfactory progress and academic reports.
Canon Collins Trust will offer these scholarships to successful candidates studying in these areas:
- Justice, which includes Law, Economics, Politics and the Environment
- Education policy and practice
- Humanities, which includes Literature, History, Anthropology and the Arts
In 2016 most awards will be valued at R65,000 for each year of study at Masters and PhD level. In exceptional cases Canon Collins Trust may offer up to R100,000 per year. Applicants enrolled in full and part-time study and distance learning programs and will be considered..
To apply for a scholarship under this programme you must be:
- A national of and normally resident in one of the SADC countries: Angola, Botswana, DRC, Lesotho, Madagascar, Malawi, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, South Africa, Swaziland, Tanzania, Zambia, Zimbabwe.
- In possession of a good first degree (minimum second class, upper division or equivalent) or about to graduate in the year of application.
- Studying or applying to study at a South African university.
How to Apply
Visit Canon Collins to access the online application form. You will find full instructions online when you start a new form.
All sections of the form need to be complete before the system will allow the application form to be submitted. Information can be saved and the application form edited until the applicant chooses to submit. All applicants are required to upload the following supporting documentation:
- Copy of degree certificates, if available
- Certified academic transcripts
- Reference letters from two referees
- ID document (the following are acceptable: passport, birth certificate, driver’s license)
You may also need to submit:
- Proof of refugee status, if applicable
- Two recent payslips, if currently employed
- PhD proposal if applicable.
For more information, visit Canon Collins Trust.