VoxUkraine’s MindSketch Essay Competition – Prize of UAH 8000
Deadline: July 31, 2015
Applications are invited for the VoxUkraine’s MindSketch Essay Competition. VoxUkraine is a portal set up to discuss developments in Ukraine. VoxUkraine aims to promote research-based policy analysis and commentary by leading scholars, policymakers and businessmen.
VoxUkraine together with the largest mobile network operator Kyivstar, Kyiv School of Economics and with the media support from ЛІГА.net holds the competition MindSketch. MindSketch is a monthly competition for the best essay which analyzes the important social and economic issues. The competition is conducted on a monthly basis. Among all the works that are sent during a calendar month, the Editorial Board of VoxUkraine chooses the best article.
- The essay author is to receive a prize from the partner company «Kyivstar» in the amount of UAH 8 000 (around EUR 335). The essay will be published on the portal VoxUkraine and in one of the leading Ukrainian mass media.
- Economists, researchers, scientists, students, journalists, professionals of various fields who are able to think analytically and express their thoughts in the articles are invited to take an active part. The members of the Editorial Board or Supervisory Board of VoxUkraine cannot participate in it.
- Essay should state a problem, analyze its causes and provide possible solutions;
- Essay should not exceed 10,000 characters with spaces, it should contain an abstract of up to 300 characters, where it is briefly set out the main idea of the text, and conclusions at the end of the text are necessary;
- Plagiarism (copying another’s work or borrowing someone else’s original ideas without attribution) is absolutely intolerable. All quote must be duly completed. The sources used in the article data, tables, figures (graphs) must be given;
- Languages of the essay – Ukrainian or English.
The list of topics is not limited. Preferences will be given to the most profound texts with an extraordinary view of the problem and links to research results. To view the examples of essays please go to VoxUkraine.
- The essays should be sent via mail to [email protected] with the words “VoxUkraine Prize” before 23.59 (11.59 pm) of the last day of the month.
- Submissions should contain the information about the author(s), current and previous occupation, degrees or experience (for students – the name of the University, faculty, and year of study) and the URL of the author(s) web page.
- Editorial Board of VoxUkraine will make a decision on the winner.
NOTE: MindSketch results for each round will be announced on the 15th day of the following month. Every three months, they will hold media events in the press-center of the competition media partner – ЛІГАБізнесІнформ – on the topics of the best essays with the participation of VoxUkraine representatives and experts on the issue.
For more information, visit MindSketch Essay Contest.