ADB Youth Video Competition 2015 – Win a trip to ADB Headquarters in Manila
Deadline: September 30, 2015
The Asia Development Bank (ADB) invites budding filmmakers to submit a video of up to 3-minutes in length on the topic of “Who’s growing tomorrow’s food?” They are looking to seeing creative videos which would offer fresh perspectives on these challenges. This competition is in conjunction with the second Asian Irrigation Forum (AIF2) taking place on 17-19 November 2015 in Manila, Philippines will address irrigation challenges in Asia and the Pacific, working toward a water and food secure region.
Grand prize is a trip to ADB Headquarters in Manila to present the winning entry personally at the forum, which will be held 17-19 November, in cooperation with the Food and Agriculture Organization and the International Water Management Institute. Shortlisted videos will also be showcased at the forum and shared on the ADB website.
- Grand Prize: The Grand Prize winning video will be screened at the Opening Plenary of AIF2 and shared on the ADB website and social media channels. The Grand Prize winner will receive an all-expense (transportation, accommodation, and daily allowance) paid trip to Manila, Philippines to participate in AIF2 and introduce the video at the event.
- Runners-up: The 5 runner-up videos may be screened at AIF2 and may be shared on the ADB website and social media channels.
- Open to filmmakers aged 18-30
- Any young citizen from ADB’s 67 member countries, who is interested in irrigation.
- ADB employees and their family members are not eligible to compete.
- Entrants may submit more than 1 video entry. Entrants must upload their video entry/entries on YouTube.com or Youku.com and fill out the online registration form.
- Entrants should be willing to make the necessary travel arrangements in time for the AIF2 on 17-19 November 2015 should their video entry be selected as winner.
Entries will be judged on the following criteria:
- Effective use of time
- Originality of conveying the message
- Involvement of stakeholders
How to Enter
- Read full entry requirements before entering the competition.
- Entries, which will be uploaded on YouTube.com or Youku.com, will be judged on content, effective use of time in the video, clarity, originality of message and involvement of stakeholders.
For more information, visit ADB Youth Video Competition.