Singtel and Airtel Accelerator Challenge 2015 – Win a trip to Singapore & more
Deadline: September 5, 2015
Singtel & Airtel, in partnership with Samsung, invites start ups & developers in Africa & Asia to participate in an open challenge to build the next big app to take to market in 2016. The Accelerator Challenge seeks to identify innovative mobile apps and solutions that will touch individual consumers.
- 2 local winners from Africa will participate in the Startup Mentorship Program in October in Singapore.
- All finalists will pitch their apps at the Grand Final in November (country venue to be decided).
- 1 final winner will be selected and announced at the Grand Final
Country-level Winner will be announced on September 15, 2015
Airtel Africa Winner will be announced on September 30, 2015
Singtel Group-Samsung Regional winner will be announced in December, 2015
- Participant must be individuals residing or companies registered in the country where the local competition is being held.
Criteria for Apps:
- All submissions should be consumer-centric mobile apps or solutions that leverage on mobile network services to deliver value, e.g. mobile data, carrier billing, location, SMS, etc.
- Apps must be 80%-90% ready for deployment and should not have been launched yet.
- Participants must provide a live demonstration of their app during the pitch session for the grand finale.
Example of the desired types of apps:
- Lifestyle – help the individuals in their everyday life. It’s about social, fun, and productivity.
- On-demand Economy – connect the supply and demand; allowing a consumer to buy anything from goods to services
- Health– Enable healthy living by providing easy access to health related resources and tools.
- Smart Living – communicate with surrounding appliances and devices to enhance living.
For more information, visit Singtel/ Airtel Accelerator Challenge.