2015 Atlanta PhotoJournalism Contest
Deadline: November 11, 2015
The Atlanta Photojournalism Seminar, America’s longest continuously operating photojournalism conference, was founded in 1973 by a group of photojournalists representing newspapers, magazines and wire services. A 501(c)(3) organization, the Seminar promotes the highest standards of photojournalism through an annual educational conference and photography contest judged by working photographers and editors.
Each year, the international photography competition receives content from some of the world’s top photojournalists. The goal of the seminar is to promote high standards of photojournalism through an annual educational conference and competition. The picture categories are: sport news, general news, feature, sports action, sports feature, portrait/personality, news picture story, international news, feature picture story/essay, sports picture story, short-term documentary project, long-term documentary project and multimedia.
There are two types of portfolio entries for this contest: Best Portfolio or Rich Mahan Best Student Portfolio. A portfolio entry does not count as entry, and is simply a combination of the images entered in the contest categories. See more about Contest Categories.
The following prizes are available:
- $1,000 for Best Portfolio;
- $750 for 1st place Rich Mahan Student Portfolio;
- $500 for Best in Show;
- $100 awarded to all First Place winners;
- Open to everyone.
- Only digital entries are accepted. It is ok to digitally scan photographs originally captured on film.
- Entrants do not need to attend the Seminar.
- Content must have been captured between November 1, 2014 and October 31, 2015. (see contest rules for picture story exceptions).
- Content does not need to have been published.
- 15 entries max per person (Entries: the number of category entries submitted by one photographer. A multiple-picture category entry and a multimedia entry counts as one entry. Do not include a portfolio entry in this count.)
- Any photographer from any country is eligible to enter.
- No photograph previously entered in the Seminar competition may be entered in a future contest.
- Single photographs can only be entered into one category.
- Individual photos from picture stories may be entered into any of the single categories.
- Photographs in a picture story entry, taken over a period of time that begins before the eligible date but extends into the period of eligibility, may be entered as long as they have not been entered in the Seminar’s competition before.
- Each picture story, which may contain a maximum of 12 images, entered counts as one entry.
- A portfolio entry does not count towards the 15 entry maximum.
Register to enter the Atlanta Photojournalism Contest.
For more information, visit Atlanta PhotoJournalism Contest.