Apply for 2016 Fellowships at the Centre for Global Cooperation Research
Deadline: October 31, 2015
The Käte Hamburger Kolleg/Centre for Global Cooperation Research is pleased to announce its Call for Applications for Fellowships beginning in 2016. The fellowship seeks to contribute towards a better understanding of the possibilities and limits of transboundary cooperation. By building a learning community, researchers from different disciplines and world regions develop an innovative framework for contemporary cooperation research that enables the exploration of new options for global public policy.
Fellows will join the Centre for a period of six to twelve months – working language at the Centre is English. The Centre’s research in 2016 will focus on Prospects and Pitfalls of Equality, Democracy, and Legitimacy in World Society. The centre invites theoretical and conceptual contributions, discourse and narrative analysis, and also welcomes empirical case studies on global and other negotiation processes beyond the nation-state.
- The institute especially interested in projects that bring together theoretical insights on democratic legitimacy and participation, cultural pluralism and social equality with empirical research on their challenges and crises.
- The institute particularly encourages female researchers and scholars from the Global South to apply.
- Fellowships include a working space in fully equipped offices and a competitive stipend commensurate with the applicant’s level of professional experience, starting at the Postdoc level.
- Applications should be in English and include a cover letter, your CV, a concise research proposal (3-5 pages) plus one relevant publication. Please indicate your preferred period of stay.
- Submit your application here.