Deadline: December 8, 2015
Applications for the 2017 Acumen Global Fellows Applications are now open! Do you have what it takes to be an Acumen Fellow? Be part of a new generation that is redefining leadership. Apply for the Global Fellows Program, which trains the next generation of social impact leaders.
The Acumen Global Fellows Program is a full-time 12-month fellowship designed to train the next generation of social leaders who demonstrate service above self. They are looking for individuals dedicated to addressing the problems of poverty and who bring a blend of leadership capabilities and strong business skills that are relevant and translatable to building social businesses.
Fellows spend two months in New York for intensive leadership development followed by nine months working with a company in Acumen’s ecosystem in East Africa, West Africa, India, Pakistan, or Latin America. During their field placements, Fellows provide on the ground management assistance and strategic support to help social entrepreneurs scale their businesses.
- Gain world-class leadership training.
- Serve in the field with a social enterprise.
- Join a cohort of emerging leaders who will change the world.
They are looking for
- Potential social sector leaders who embody service above self.
- Leaders who take a systems change approach to the world’s biggest problems and have the moral imagination to effect long term change.
- Leaders who are strong collaborators, are self-aware and adaptive.
- Leaders who are dedicated to addressing the problems of poverty and bring a blend of leadership capabilities and strong business skills to the table.
Acumen Fellows are a different kind of leader. And one day, they’re going to change the world.
Competitive applicants for the Global Fellows Program should meet the following criteria:
- Demonstrated passion and commitment to creating positive social change
- Proven track record of collaborative leadership and management responsibilities
- Experience living and working in emerging markets
- Grit, courage, and perseverance
- A minimum of 4 years work experience
- Strong business experience
There are five parts of the initial application:
- Background Information
- Your Resume/CV
- Applicant Summary and Overview
- Essay Questions
- Two Professional References
Apply now to join the next cohort of Global Fellows, which begins in September 2016.
See Application Instructions for further details.
For more information, visit Acumen Global Fellows Program.