The Swedish Institute’s Young Leaders Visitors Programme 2016 (fully-funded)
Deadline: December 8, 2015
The call for applications are now open for the 2016 Swedish Institute’s Young Leaders Visitors Programme (YLVP). The YLVP is an intercultural leadership programme that aims to lay a foundation for dialogue and knowledge sharing among young leaders from the Middle East, North Africa and Sweden.
The program is designed to provide the participants with new skills, broadened networks and innovative tools to strengthen their work to drive social change in their respective contexts. During and after the programme the participants will be part of an active network that will boost creativity and support their personal and professional development, while also laying the platform for a more connected future.
The Young Leaders Visitors Programme includes the following areas:
- Leadership training
- Social media training
- Knowledge exchange and inspiration
- Practical experience
The programme comprises of four weeks of intensive work divided into two modules.
- Module 1: YLVP in Sweden (15 May – 3 June 2016)
Module 2: YLVP in the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) region (5–11 November 2016)
All costs related to accommodation, food, transport, visa and insurance are covered by the Swedish Institute.
The participants are visionaries who are in a position to make a difference. They are young, open-minded leaders who are actively working for democracy and human rights within the spheres of society, culture, politics and media.
To apply to the Young Leaders Visitors Programme you have to:
- be an engaged leader within the spheres of society, culture, politics or media (for example project managers, youth leaders, journalists, bloggers, activists, youth politicians, cultural workers, civil servants, lawyers and pedagogues)
- work actively for democracy and human rights
- be between 20 and 32 years old (at the time of the start of the programme)
- have a good working knowledge of both written and spoken English
- a citizen of Algeria, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Lebanon, Libya, Palestine*, Morocco, Syria, Tunisia, Yemen or Sweden.
* Palestinian ID holders, including Jerusalem ID.
Please note that they are not able to make any exceptions to the eligibility requirements.
Each application is evaluated by two different members of the selection committee according to the following criteria:
- awareness and analytical skills
- drive and motivation
- relevant work experience
- relevant educational background.
How to Apply
A complete application consists of:
- a completed YLVP 2016 Application Form in English, including your contact details and the contact details of two reference persons
- an updated CV in English
- a photo (not compulsory).
For more information, visit Swedish Institute’s YLVP.