Deadline: January 15, 2016
Applications are now open for the Global Development Awards Competition 2016. The Awards Competition recognises excellence in policy-oriented research, supports research capacity development of researchers in developing countries and funds innovative social development projects benefiting marginalised groups in the developing world.
Comprised of two categories, the second is the Japanese Award for Most Innovative Development Project (MIDP). The link to the other category can be found here.
The Japanese Award for Most Innovative Development Project is a competitive grant program that provides grants to Non-Governmental Organisations (NGOs) located in developing countries to help scale up their innovative projects. The grants are awarded to projects that are supporting improved service delivery, in particular, innovative approaches that meet certain set criteria. The Award targets projects currently at the stage of implementation, and which have a high potential for impact targeting exceptionally marginalized and disadvantaged groups located in developing and transition countries.
- First prize: US $30,000
- Second Prize: US $10,000
- Third Prize: US $5,000
- The MIDP Award is open to all development projects being implemented in an eligible country (Those classified as low-income or middle income countries. For a complete list, see here.)
- The project must be managed by a Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) with its headquarters in one of the above eligible countries.
- The project implementation must have started before 1 January, 2015.
- Submissions concerning a recently started project or only a project idea or a feasibility or baseline study will not be considered.
- Submissions for funding conferences and seminars (either in part or in full) will not be considered.
- Applicants from previous years (except winners) may re-apply, but they must update the application to include new aspects of the project.
- Previous MIDP winners are not eligible to apply.
- An organisation cannot submit more than one application, and it must be in the English language.
How to Apply
Apply online from this webpage. A full application requires a completed online registration form, a proposal and the profile and CVs of all team members involved.
For more information, visit the Global Development Awards Competition webpage.