Deadline: February 24, 2016
Entries are now accepted for the 2016 Morgan Stanley Sustainable Investing Challenge. A pitch competition for graduate students, the Morgan Stanley Sustainable Investing Challenge seeks to identify the next generation of sustainable finance practitioners, connect emerging leaders with industry professionals, and foster even greater emphasis on sustainability at graduate schools around the world.
The Morgan Stanley Sustainable Investing Challenge harnesses the power of capital markets and student creativity to create positive impact in a world of perpetual resource scarcity and continued population growth. It focuses on developing institutional-quality investment vehicles that seek positive environmental or social impact and competitive financial returns.
$15,000 in prizes will be awarded to the winning teams. Awards will be made for the overall quality of the proposals based on the judging criteria.
- Overall First Place: $10,000
- Overall Runner-Up: $5,000
- Graduate students from around the world are invited to participate in the Morgan Stanley Sustainable Investing Challenge.
- Teams are limited to a maximum of four members, all of whom must be enrolled in a graduate program at the time of the prospectus submission, and the team cannot include more than one member who is pursuing an Executive MBA. A team may include members from different graduate schools.
- All ideas must be the original ideas of the team members.
The following criteria are applicable to both the first and final rounds of the competition:
- Feasibility (30%)
- Innovation and creativity (20%)
- Impact and scale (20%)
- Quality of due diligence and financials (20%)
- Presentation (10%)
- Each team is required to submit a two-page prospectus outlining their proposal.
- From the submitted prospectuses, ten teams will be selected to present at the finals competition.
- At least one team member should be available to present at the finals competition, if the team is chosen to advance to that round, and all team members attending the finals competition should plan to stay for the entire event.
- Please note that any team member not in attendance at the finals competition will not share in any prizes awarded to that team.
For more information, visit Morgan Stanley Sustainable Investing Challenge.