Swedish Institute Management Programme (SIMP) Africa 2016
Deadline: January 24, 2016
The call for application for the 2016 Swedish Institute Management programme (SIMP) Africa is now open. Do you want to be a part of an international network of emerging leaders focused on responsible leadership and sustainable business practices? Join the Swedish Institute Management Programme (SIMP) Africa.
This is a unique executive management programme focusing on successful and sustainable businesses and building on corporate responsibility. It offers a combination of theory and practice, including advanced business-related problem-solving, seminars and meetings with prominent experts in the commercial, political and cultural fields, as well as company visits.
SIMP Africa is partly funded by the Swedish Government. The programme, spread over seven months, comprises three weeks of intensive training divided into an introductory kick-off at the Swedish Embassy in each country, a two week module in Sweden and a concluding five day module in Africa.
- International network of companies and future top management
- Access to the knowledge of top leaders in business and the public sector
- Insights in corporate responsibility
- Increased personal competitiveness on a global level
- Management training, tools and contacts for personal development
- An enlarged perspective on Corporate Responsibility through a world angle
- Increased understanding of Corporate Responsibility and its linkages to business at a global level
- Exclusive management training of key personnel
- Exposure to business opportunities in other markets
- Positive international exposure of the company brand
The programme is free of charge and costs related to accommodation, food and transport while in Sweden is covered by the Swedish Institute. Some cost for travel may accure.
Participants are responsible for obtaining their visas in good time before departure to Sweden and other relevant countries.
- Candidate must be citizen of Ethiopia, Tanzania, Kenya, Rwanda or Zambia and be a resident of one of the selected countries
- Should preferably be working for a local organization/company or running their own enterprise in of one of the selected countries*
- Should be in a position to drive decisions and formulate strategies for the business – mid or senior level management
- Interested in finding new, innovative ways to integrate social, environmental and ethical concerns into their core business models
- Candidate must be fluent in spoken and written English
- The advisable age of the candidate should be between 25 – 45 years*
- Flexible and open minded
- High level of integrity
- Ambitious and progressive
- Internationally oriented
The following set of documents will be considered as a complete application:
- Print out of the completed online application
- Your CV in English (maximum 2 pages)
- Please write a short essay why you think that sustainable business and responsible leadership are interesting focus areas for you, your company and your country (400-600 words)
- Contact details to two reference persons*
For more information, visit SIMP Africa.