Deadline: June 28, 2016
If you’re a student with a great idea for a mobile app, here’s your chance to build your app, learn how to make money from it, and win awesome prizes. Join the Google AdMob student challenge where you’ll be able to test your ingenuity and coding skills against other students from around the world.
The AdMob Student App Challenge is a skill contest where participants must submit a mobile application that is available in the Google Play Store or Apple’s App Store and uses AdMob formonetization, in addition to a business report that summarizes their strategy. This contest is aimed at fostering the participants’ creativity and scientific approach towards mobile application technology and at rewarding participants’ merits within such activities.
To be eligible to enter the Contest, you must be:
- above the age of majority in the country, state, province or jurisdiction of residence (or at least twenty years old in Taiwan) at the time of entry;
- not a resident of Burma (Myanmar), Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Quebec, Sudan, or Syria;
- not a person or entity under U.S. export controls or sanctions;
- actively enrolled as a student at any educational institution; and
- have access to the Internet during the Contest Period. Contest is void in Burma (Myanmar), Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Quebec, Sudan, Syria, and where prohibited by law. Employees, interns, contractors, and official office-holders of Google Inc., and their parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, and their respective directors, officers, employees, advertising and promotion agencies, representatives, and agents (“Contest Entities“), and members of the Contest Entities’ and their immediate families (parents, siblings, children, spouses, and life partners of each, regardless of where they live) and members of the households (whether related or not) of such employees, officers and directors are ineligible to participate in this Contest. Sponsor reserves the right to verify eligibility and to adjudicate on any dispute at any time.
The Contestant selected as Grand Prize Winner will bementioned on AdMob’s social channels and identified on the AdMob website (www.google.com/admob). Grand Prize Winners whose Mobile Applications are available in the Google Play Store will also befeatured on the Google Play Store and the Google Play Store’s social media channels, for a duration at the sole discretion of Sponsor. Each member of the Contestant selected as the Grand Prize Winner will receive:
- a seven-night trip to San Francisco, including one day at the Google Headquarters in Mountain View, California to meet with Googlers and learn about Google products (“Trip Award”);
- a Nexus 7 (or local equivalent);
- an invitation to be interviewed and filmed by the Google marketing team for the purpose of creating promotional marketing materials for Google regarding the Contest, Contestant will be provided a copy of the completed marketing materials created solely by Google for Contestant’s own use for marketing purposes.
Approximate retail value is $47,500 USD. The Trip Award will include:
- round-trip airfare (coach) for each individual member of the winning Contestant to travel from the major airport closest to the individual’s residence to San Francisco, California;
- double-occupancy hotel accommodation at Sponsor’s discretion for seven nights in San Francisco, California; and
- all reasonable food, transportation, and entertainment expenses incurred during the Contestant’s seven- night stay in San Francisco (not to exceed $150 USD per day per team member of Contestant).
How to Participate
- Register your team: Form a team (1-5 members) and pick a leader
- Build: Come up with a great app and build an app you’ll be proud of.
- Promote: Promote your app by submitting to the google play store or apple app store
- Submit: Once you app has been approved, submit it to the AdMob contest by completing this submission form.