Deadline: February 28, 2016
The Water-Nature Photography Competition is an initiative to educate the public on the vitality of conserving freshwater resource and ecosystem, the close relationship and dependency of people towards water, connection between catchment forest-river systems-water security, to expose to the public what are the severe threats happening on the freshwater resources, as well as to inculcate an appreciation towards this valuable yet limited resources. The competition is organised by WWF-Malaysia and supported by HSBC GBM.
Amateur and professional photographers are welcomed and encouraged to submit their entries in any of the following themes:
- Water & People – To picture the relationship and connection between people and water and how people benefit from water;
- Water & Wildlife – To picture the freshwater ecosystem that serves as habitats to various wildlife from mammals, reptiles, amphibians, fishes and insects
- Water & Forest – To picture forest as water catchment that is vital in collecting and retaining water for daily consumption
- Water & Threats – To picture the severe threats happening on the freshwater resources that affects the health of the system.
- RM 2,000 for Winner;
- RM 1,500 for 1st Runner-up;
- RM 1,000 for 2nd Runner-up.
Open to all Malaysians aged 18 and above.
- Email your photos to [email protected]. All entries must be accompanied with photographer’s full name, brief caption of the photo and the name of location photo is taken.
- Read Terms and Conditions carefully before applying.
For more information, visit Water-Nature Photography Contest.