Enter the Youth Citizen Entrepreneurship Competition 2016
Deadline: June 30, 2016
Entries are now invited for the 2016 Youth Citizen Entrepreneurship Competition, a global programme to empower young entrepreneurs to create a sustainable world. Young people from around the world are invited to submit their innovative ideas and projects with a societal impact, which champion and implement one or more of the 17 Sustainable Development Goals.
The 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and 169 related targets address the most important social, economic, environmental, health and governance challenges of our time. The Youth Citizen Entrepreneurship Competition is a global programme and an online platform, which supports the implementation of the 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
Grand Prize, 2nd Prize, 3rd Prize and People’s Choice Prize winners will be selected in each of the following two categories:
- Best Ideas Category – Innovative ideas and plans to be implemented (by the entrant or by others)
- Best Projects Category – Already existing enterprise which has demonstrated social impact
Prizes and Recognition
- Grand Prize winners and the People’s Choice Prize winners will receive a Gold Medal and a Certificate.
- Second Prize winners will receive a Silver Medal and a Certificate.
- Third Prize winners will receive a Bronze Medal and a Certificate.
- Finalists not chosen as prize winners will receive Honorable Mention.
- Entrepreneurship Campus Prize winners will receive a Certificate.
- You must be between the ages of 15 and 35
- You are operating such an enterprise in the form of a business, a non-profit organization or an informal program OR You have an innovative idea for an enterprise which contributes to the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) in your community, such as:
- Goal 1: No Poverty – End poverty in all its forms everywhere
- Goal 2: Zero Hunger – End hunger, achieve food security and improved nutrition and promote sustainable agriculture
- Goal 3: Good Health and Well-Being – Ensure healthy lives and promote well-being for all at all ages
- Goal 4: Quality Education – Ensure inclusive and equitable quality education and promote lifelong learning opportunities for all
- Goal 5: Gender Equality – Achieve gender equality and empower all women and girls
- Goal 6: Clean Water and Sanitation – Ensure availability and sustainable management of water and sanitation for all
- Goal 7: Affordable and Clean Energy – Ensure access to affordable, reliable, sustainable and modern energy for all
- Goal 8: Decent Work and Economic Growth – Promote sustained, inclusive and sustainable economic growth, full and productive employment and decent work for all
- Goal 9: Industry, Innovation and Infrastructure – Build resilient infrastructure, promote inclusive and sustainable industrialization and foster innovation
- Goal 10: Reduced Inequalities – Reduce inequality within and among countries
- Goal 11: Sustainable Cities and Communities – Make cities and human settlements inclusive, safe, resilient and sustainable
- Goal 12: Responsible Consumption and Production – Ensure sustainable consumption and production patterns
- Goal 13: Climate Action – Take urgent action to combat climate change and its impacts
- Goal 14: Life Below Water – Conserve and sustainably use the oceans, seas and marine resources for sustainable development
- Goal 15: Life on Land – Protect, restore and promote sustainable use of terrestrial ecosystems, sustainably manage forests, combat desertification, and halt and reverse land degradation and halt biodiversity loss
- Goal 16: Peace, Justice and Strong Institutions – Promote peaceful and inclusive societies for sustainable development, provide access to justice for all and build effective, accountable and inclusive institutions at all levels
- Goal 17: Partnerships for the Goals – Strengthen the means of implementation and revitalize the global partnership for sustainable development
- You are able to submit your entry in English.
How to Enter
- Register online and create your account! A confirmation email will be sent to you. Please check your spam folder. You must confirm in order to activate your account.
- If you want to submit an idea, go to Submit an idea!
- If you want to submit a project, go to Submit a project!
- Fill out and submit the preliminary entry form.
- Then wait for a response from the competition administrators.
For more information, visit Youth Citizen Entrepreneurship.