All Bar None 2016 Scholarship to attend One Young World Summit – Ottawa, Canada
Deadline: April 25th, 2016 (Scholarship deadline)
Apply to attend the annual One Young World Summit! This Summit brings together the most valuable young talent from global and national companies, NGOs, universities and other forward-thinking organisations. Delegates to the Summit meet and make lasting connections with peers from almost every industry, sector and country. No youth led movement outside of the Olympic Games represents as many nationalities as the One Young World Summit.
During the Summit delegates debate, formulate and share innovative solutions for the pressing issues the world faces. They will hear and be heard by world leaders acting as the One Young World Counsellors. Past Counsellors include Archbishop Emeritus Desmond Tutu, Bob Geldof, Kofi Annan, Sir Richard Branson, Professor Muhammad Yunus, Mary Robinson, Jack Dorsey and Arianna Huffington.
If you are a leader aged 18 – 30 with a passion for global issues and a track record of making a significant impact in your community, country or organisation then you could be part of this year’s One Young World delegation 2015.
If your application is accepted, the next step towards attending the Summit is to secure funding to pay your delegate fee.
The fee to attend is £2,975 including accommodation or £2,655 excluding accommodation. You can pay this fee yourself or find an organisation or individual to sponsor you. Once you apply you will receive advice on how you can raise the delegate fee independently.
All Bar None Scholarship
All Bar None is an initiative designed to ensure that outstanding young people from every country in the world are represented at the One Young World Summit 2016.
- Access to the One Young World Summit 2016 in Ottawa, Canada.
- Hotel accommodation on a shared basis between 28 September and 1 October
- Catering which includes breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- Transport between the Summit accommodation and the Summit venue.
- Summit hand-outs and support materials.
- The cost of travel to and from Ottawa.
You are eligible for All Bar None sponsorship if you can answer ‘yes’ to the following questions:
- Are you aged 18-30?
- Are you a national of one of the 112 countries listed below?
- Do you have a passion for world issues and evidenced commitment to making a positive change?
These countries (in alphabetical order) have been selected because they were represented by the fewest delegates at the 2014 Summit in Dublin.
- Albania, Algeria, Andorra, Antigua and Barbuda, Armenia, Azerbaijan
- Barbados, Belarus, Belize, Benin, Bolivia, Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Botswana, Brunei, Darussalam, Bulgaria, Burkina Faso, Burundi
- Cambodia, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Chad, Chile, Comoros, The Democratic Republic of Congo, Costa Rica, Côte d’Ivoire, Croatia, Cuba, Cyprus, Czech Republic
- Democratic People’s Republic of Korea, Denmark, Djibouti, Dominica, Dominican Republic
- El Salvador, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea
- Fiji, Finland
- Gabon, Gambia, Georgia, Grenada, Guatemala, Guinea, Guinea-bissau, Guyana,
- Haiti, Holy See, Hungary
- Iceland, Iran, Jamaica, Jordan
- Kiribati, Republic of Korea, Kosovo, Kyrgyzstan
- Lao People’s Democratic Republic, Latvia, Lesotho, Liberia, Libyan Arab Jamahiriya, Lithuania, Luxembourg,
- Madagascar, Maldives, Malta, Marshall Islands, Mauritania, Micronesia (Federated States of) Moldova, Republic of Monaco, Mongolia, Montenegro, Myanmar
- Nauru, Nepal, Nicaragua, Niger
- Palestinian Territory, Occupied
- Palau, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Portugal
- Republic of Macedonia, Romania, Rwanda
- Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and The Grenadines, Samoa, San Marino, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Serbia, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Slovakia, Slovenia, Solomon Islands, South Sudan, Sudan, Syrian Arab Republic
- Taiwan, Tajikistan, Timor-leste, Togo, Tonga, Tunisia, Turkmenistan, Tuvalu
- Vanuatu, Viet Nam
How to Apply
Apply for the All Bar None scholarship here.
All applicants must register here for the summit.
For more information, visit the One Young World.